PDA

View Full Version : California Motocross newb

protegespecter
12-12-2006, 12:09 AM
O.K. Ive had my quad for about a year now and I really want to get into MX I live in the central valley of california about 45 minutes from carnegie, I ride at Carnegie, Prairie city, and La Grange quite often but there are never any sanctioned mx events and prairie and carnegie only have little tracks for atv's my question is does anyone know of or race anywhere near the central valley?
Thanks
Chris

f1502nv
12-13-2006, 09:26 AM
checkout www.marysvillemx.com thats were we all race.... this series goes to dixon and red bluff i beleve....scott davis is going to be putting on some races for us also next year...he is also in marysville his website is www.estreetmx.com...

during the race season marysvilee has a quad only night for practice on monday between 5pm-9pm.

if you got anymore ????? just let me know!!!!

protegespecter
12-14-2006, 07:37 PM
good stuff thanks bro i've heard of that marysville mx before I'm headin out to oroville this weekend so i'll probably take a peak at both of those tracks as well as ClayPit

f1502nv
12-14-2006, 07:42 PM
wheres clay pit?

norcalatver
12-14-2006, 07:43 PM
THERE WAS A RACE JUST LAST WEEKEND THAT COMBINED THE hANGTOWN TRACK, VORRA TRACK, AND BOTH ATV AND DIRT BIKE TRACKS TOGETHER AT PRAIRIE CITY. It actually was cancelled because of rain and will be re scheduled. You ought to check into it!

eganracing
12-14-2006, 11:02 PM
CMC motocross is one of the big promoters. ther website is www.cmcmotocross.com

mutant motorsports used to be a big promoter but they went under last year.

marysville is probaly by far the most quad friendly track u can go to and practice on. unfourtantly quads aren't allowed at every track to practice/race.

protegespecter
12-15-2006, 01:47 AM
Ya thats what sux about alot of motocross tracks they don't let quads in at every practice or they don't let them in at all, but that argument I have seen in quite a few threads already so lets not go into that can of worms. Do you know when that race is rescheduled for norcalatver? I figured there was gonna be a race at prairie sometime soon cuz when I went there last thursday to throw a few laps down on the atv track I saw guys on rhinos out grooming the big motocross track. f1502nv Clay Pit is off of Oroville dam blvd I believe I have been to Oroville a bunch of times, but never had the time to get out there hopefully this weekend tho, that or hollister. Have any of you guys been to Honolulu Hills Raceway?, The ITP quadcross is having a race there in may and I want to go to it or race in it since its not too far away.

norcalatver
12-15-2006, 02:09 PM
AMPRacing.com is the website for the promoter of the race at Prairie City. Hope this helps.

f1502nv
12-15-2006, 05:19 PM
i think im going to honolulu

protegespecter
12-15-2006, 07:18 PM
since the ITP quad cross is a series are you allowed to just race in one race? I heard that Honolulu is a really fun track to ride. Goin out to oroville tonite so i'll check out marysville's tracks