PDA

View Full Version : rear shock conversion

exrider49
12-11-2006, 08:01 PM
i duno which shock conersiobn i should go with, i ride mx and i need suttin better than stock and a lower ride height, i am leaning towards gt thunder but its only a single rate setup, re valve and service and link for $345, i want dual rate and c&d racing has a dual rate setup for $390 but no rear linkage...i duno give me ur opinions because im lost about what to do

400exrider707
12-12-2006, 10:03 AM
Originally posted by exrider49
i duno which shock conersiobn i should go with, i ride mx and i need suttin better than stock and a lower ride height, i am leaning towards gt thunder but its only a single rate setup, re valve and service and link for $345, i want dual rate and c&d racing has a dual rate setup for $390 but no rear linkage...i duno give me ur opinions because im lost about what to do

Dont need the dual rate with the linkage. I have the GT Thunder rear setup on mine and it is so much better than stock its not even funny. I also have C&D rebuilds on the front. Rides awesome. I actually like the way mine rides over my buddies fully long travel elka/lonestar 450. For the rear I would probably do GT though.

Either way you cant go wrong.:macho

Colby@C&DRacing
12-12-2006, 10:20 AM
There are many options. I feel most companies do a good job rebuilding shocks they just do it in different ways. You need to take peoples opinions with a grain of salt we are all loyal to someone. No matter who you go with you will be much happier with it than your current setup.

400exrider707
12-12-2006, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
There are many options. I feel most companies do a good job rebuilding shocks they just do it in different ways. You need to take peoples opinions with a grain of salt we are all loyal to someone. No matter who you go with you will be much happier with it than your current setup.

Well said:macho

I plan on sending all three of my shocks in for a refresher to C&D anyways, because I like their customer service the best:D

exrider49
12-12-2006, 01:13 PM
well rite now im stuck between c&d's dual rate or gt thunder dual rate and link...how long does it take to rebuild??

Colby@C&DRacing
12-12-2006, 01:16 PM
as long as we get the order before you ship the shock we can get the parts on the way and once we have everything normally 1-2 days to get done.

Pappy
12-12-2006, 01:20 PM
I usually flip a coin:blah:

ofcourse colby sent me the coin:D

exrider49
12-12-2006, 07:17 PM
allrite i think im goin to go with c&d...is the dual rate setup worth the extra money??

Sjorge450R
12-13-2006, 07:01 AM
colby what are you running for the XC re-builds? Dual front with a single rear? And why not Triple front and dual rear for XC? I've noticed alot of companies doing this. Why?

Colby@C&DRacing
12-13-2006, 07:55 AM
We run triple rate front and dual rate rear

toomeyshee87
12-13-2006, 09:58 AM
Colby, I was wondering how much it would cost to get my stock yfz rear shock rebuilt and converted to zero preload? I want to get PEP fronts and I know that you need zero preload all around or it wont work right. So right now Im just trying to compare some prices.
Thanks

Colby@C&DRacing
12-13-2006, 10:14 AM
$380 for the dual rate conversion