PDA

View Full Version : help me

woodsracer144
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
ok what does stock mean? i've been in to quads for a while now and a friend thinks that it has a little mods done to it and that theres not any probs with it, and i said that it was a load of ***** and that stockers have just as many probls as a moded one, a 2-stoke is gonna always be beacsue you always foul plugs. it started becasue he thinks im riping off the kin im selling my blaster to. so help me out. thanks!

firefighterjosh
12-11-2006, 07:42 PM
Stock is what the quad came like from the factory. Anything added or modified is aftermarket.

Depends what mods you do to the machine. I big bore kit with 13:1 compression running on alchohal is not going to be as reliable as a stock quad.

A quad with a pipe and jetted correctly will be just as reliable as a stock quad.

As for 2 - strokes failing plugs. If your 2-stroke is jetted correctly you will not foul plugs anymore then a 4-stroke. My banshee foulded plugs left and right until I got the jetting dialed in. then I only replaced them once a year.

y3llow400ex
12-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Originally posted by woodsracer144
ok what does stock mean?

are u serious?

woodsracer144
12-12-2006, 08:40 PM
yes i am, in order to prove some on who thinks that there always right im gonna ask people we really dont know and have work on things alot, thanks firefightinjosh!