PDA

View Full Version : Best setup

Architects
12-11-2006, 07:14 PM
Its break time for me from school and I have a month off. With christmas money and busting my *** hopefully by the end of January I can have new suspension. Granted If I can make up my mind. I only ride mx. Keep in mind Ive never raced but want to start as soon as I get my suspension.

Ive gone back and forth from derisi full conversion to LT. Everyone says just get it over once and go Lt. The problem is if I do this I have to leave out many other parts I still need. Steering stabilizier, Steering stem, Beadlocks.

I tihnk I would be much more competive in C class with

Mx derisi conversion with link (775)
+2 arms (575)
Axle (350 )
Twin row bearing carrier (130 )
anti fade locknut (120)
rear beadlocks (300)
+1 anti vibe steering stem (280)
Stainless brake lines (75)
1 1/8 bars (65)
Stick steering stabilizer (130)

= 2800

Vs

Fox float evols (1200)
+2 arms (775)
axle (350)
Locknut (45)
Derisi rear shock conversion. (275-300??)
+ 1 anti- vibe steering stem (280)

=2925

Granted this is retail and I am getting some deals are like new used parts so prices will be cheaper but what are you guys opinions? I think option 1 is the way to go until I move up to B class.

exrider49
12-11-2006, 07:57 PM
well u dont need a locknut, find used beadlocks on here, save ur self somemoney and buy parts that you will actually need, get sum used elkas or peps off here too

Architects
12-11-2006, 08:06 PM
Locknuts are cheap why not get one. My main point is that I can get more parts if I go with ST right now. I will eveutally have LT front and rear. It will also allow me to practice and race more this summer.

Ive looked at doing a used Lt setup but its still expensive. How much do you guys have into your Lt setups?

exrider49
12-11-2006, 08:11 PM
i was in the same situation you were in, i got used elka ST off here and i am gonna send out my rear shock to gt thunder or c&d...you are just satrting racing so you dont need LT

Architects
12-11-2006, 08:15 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. But I rode my first widened quad the other day with some revalves and a steering stabilizer and let me tell you it blew my mind how fast you can take corners. It was also a ton smoother through the whoops and landings and his shocks were valved for 265 lbs. Im about 165 geared.