PDA

View Full Version : key switch

exrider49
12-11-2006, 06:32 PM
2day i broke my key switch and iwas wondering if i could connect 2 wires and make it so u need the tether to start it..its an 02 400ex, i see ppl's quads with no keys and cant figure out how they get it like that....there is 4 wires, red, green, solid black, black with white line, do i connect them all 2gether or what...i would appreciate any advice

hornetgod13
12-11-2006, 10:03 PM
According to the wiring diagram I can see the following.
There are 4 wires coming from the ignition switch.

GREEN goes to the reverse switch and than on to the ignition control module

BLACK goes to front/rear light switches and the engine stop/starter/lighting/dimmer switches

BLACK/WHITE goes to the ignition control module and the engine stop/starter/lighting/dimmer switches

RED goes to the Regulator/Rectifier, Battery and Starter Relay

Power that goes to the spark plug comes from the Ignition control module to the Coil through the BLACK and YELLOW wire.

When the ignition is switched to ON you should have continuity between the RED and BLACK wires.

When it's OFF there should be continuity between the BLACK/WHITE and GREEN wire.

exrider49
12-12-2006, 01:09 PM
so i should connect the red, black, and black/white wire then correct??

idontknowwhoiam
12-14-2006, 04:38 PM
u can un plug the plug with 4 prongs in it from the ignition box and relay 2 of the wires on the female side of the plug and it will fire right up.....i forget whats what though..but i know iv done it...put your head switch "on" and when u get the right 2 connected your lights will come on...ill look tomarrow

exrider49
12-14-2006, 07:53 PM
dont wrry bout looking it up i conneacted the red and black wire and it works good so far

blasterandy
12-16-2006, 08:26 PM
Make a getto kill switch with a string and tie the two wire together and when you fall off the string slips off and the quad cuts off. :D JK;)

CMALONE070
12-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I just un plugged it so none of the wires are touching anything and it worked.

idontknowwhoiam
12-19-2006, 05:24 PM
cant happen............