PDA

View Full Version : Light Switch Options!

Sjorge450R
12-11-2006, 05:36 PM
I love my light on the 450r since its in the perfect place and I think that it makes the quad look even better. So I got my ASV clutch lever on yesterday and I need to ditch the black light box. I would like to be able to have Hi and Low beams avaible but I dont want my quad to look all crappy with some cheap 3 way toggle switch. Should I just get like a button? Any ideas will be great. Oh and do you guys notice a difference when starting your quad with the lights on? I may just leave the light wired on all the time if it doesnt bother anything.

450R_lover
12-11-2006, 06:31 PM
... well... what i did was i got a rocker switch from wally world and mounted it to my stock hood. i re-wired the lights to that switch to where the high and low beams both stay on at all times. its an on off switch so when you turn them on.. highs and lows are on. it makes your lighting much better in my opinion. i took the kill switch and left it on, put black tape around it, and stuck it under the hood. works for me.

protegespecter
12-11-2006, 09:24 PM
how do you wire it so both hi/lo are running at the same time? Is there a site with a wiring diagram I would love to do this to mine, my buddy has this same type of mod on his silverado and its awesome at night, but he can turn his lo's on by them selves

Sjorge450R
12-13-2006, 06:57 AM
anyone else? I want to keep my light until I get diffrent front fenders.

GIXXER1KR
12-13-2006, 08:08 PM
Yeah get rid of the ASV and get the Works Pro Perch.It fit with everthing still mounted!!!I personally wouldnt wire the High and Low beam to be on at all times.Granted u can see better but im sure it draws more on the electrical system.Honda designed it the way they did for a reason!!!

Sjorge450R
12-13-2006, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by GIXXER1KR
Yeah get rid of the ASV and get the Works Pro Perch.It fit with everthing still mounted!!!I personally wouldnt wire the High and Low beam to be on at all times.Granted u can see better but im sure it draws more on the electrical system.Honda designed it the way they did for a reason!!!

sorry not dumping like $100 into a perch...lol. I like the ASV so im keeping it or the light goes....lol.

keller45
12-13-2006, 08:54 PM
this should work:

http://trailtech.net/store/040-HBS-02.html

I love it,

Here's the wiring harness:
Green White
Yellow Blue
Blue Brown
Red Black
White Black/white
Black Green (2) wires

Courtesy: my friends at trx450r.org

Hope it helps

Sjorge450R
12-14-2006, 03:54 AM
sweet! Thanks. That was what I was looking for!

hondarules
12-14-2006, 02:17 PM
it shouldnt drain anything from the electrical system since its an 05 an theres no battery..an 450r lover if u have a diagram of the wiring or dont care to explain it u can pm me an tell me how thats done id like to try that out

Sjorge450R
12-14-2006, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by hondarules
it shouldnt drain anything from the electrical system since its an 05 an theres no battery..an 450r lover if u have a diagram of the wiring or dont care to explain it u can pm me an tell me how thats done id like to try that out

it could make it harder to start. Im not too sure yet. Since I have adjusteted my hot start cable for my new perch

hondarules
12-16-2006, 04:27 PM
yea it may but i wouldnt think that it would make that big of a difference but i dunno