PDA

View Full Version : Predetor

ZMAN
09-17-2002, 12:38 PM
How about that preadator i think it is a pos just becaus polaris never has made a manual before i dont know but
Pull
On
Leaver
And
Relize
It
Sucks

87Warrior
09-17-2002, 01:20 PM
rico, wheres the red button?

VegasEx'r
09-17-2002, 02:15 PM
I know that the prevailing sentiment is that Polaris sucks, but I think a lot of people will be surprised by this quad. I think that the front plastic is butt-ugly, but I would bet that it will be an awesome quad for the dunes, desert racing, etc. I think that Polaris has done their homework on this and they have a good machine. There may be a few glitches, but nothing like the Raptor trannys.

Of course, only time will tell.

flyin#5
09-17-2002, 03:07 PM
at least there making an effort at trying new things and youve got to admit it at least looks pretty good.

Wired
09-17-2002, 03:43 PM
dont let zman ride one then. im sure its a little out of his league :mad: i happen to like polaris and i know people that have personally rode and tested for the preditor and only have good comments to make about the quad. just like any other quad, be it the z, raptor, cdale, etc... its getting a bad rap because of all the brand loyal whores that dont give it a chance :D

jon

ps. i love honda also, i buy what works, not by who makes it ;)

stupid driver
09-17-2002, 06:17 PM
i hope that this just wakes honda up a bit, they need to get off their *** and do sumthin. ANYTHING:mad: :mad: :mad:

Zuki
09-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Actually, Polaris DID make a manual Tranny before....dont remember the model....hrm, i'll look.

Wired
09-17-2002, 06:52 PM
zuki was it the cyclone? for some reason that sticks out in my mind

87Warrior
09-17-2002, 08:24 PM
it was the xpedition 325 and 425, but they had an auto clutch-5speed
im pretty sure this is their first manual clutch bike.

VooDuu Child
09-17-2002, 08:29 PM
First year quad or not, if it had reverse, I'd trade in my Z for it, but it don't, so, still lovin my yellowjacket. That pred just seems like a real nice blend of technology and muscle; and that new patented steering geometry, oh man, how sweet it must be. If I were a racer on a four hundred cc machine, I'd be real happy I didn't have to race that bad boy.

stupid driver
09-21-2002, 04:02 PM
in my opinion, polaris does suk. i think the scramblers are sh*t on wheels, but i still dont get how u guys think the predator is all that by just listening to dirtwheels. they made the z-400 sound like a cannondale moto or sumthing. but in reality it is barely faster than the ex stock for stock. i wont believe nuthin till i see it. and yes, i hav ridden a z. i just feel better on my ex

87Warrior
09-21-2002, 05:21 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver
in my opinion, polaris does suk. i think the scramblers are sh*t on wheels, but i still dont get how u guys think the predator is all that by just listening to dirtwheels. they made the z-400 sound like a cannondale moto or sumthing. but in reality it is barely faster than the ex stock for stock. i wont believe nuthin till i see it. and yes, i hav ridden a z. i just feel better on my ex

i think EVERYONE should stop comparing the predator to polaris' old quads. this quad is new from the ground up, give it a chance. and nobody has to listen to DWs, just look at the specs, HP everything, i don't need a mag to tell me that its good.

put it this way, at least polaris stepped up to the plate (honda), weather or not it hits a home run... well ONLY TIME WILL TELL!
:D

Z400central
09-21-2002, 10:39 PM
Polaris didnt make the tranny or engine....:D now what do you gotta say?

Guy400
09-22-2002, 05:46 AM
Originally posted by hpicrv00
Polaris didnt make the tranny or engine....:D now what do you gotta say? I say "Thank goodness!!" Actually, I heard the '01 Raptor Tranny Development Team worked on the new Polaris manual:D
I'm trying to be as objective as I can with this quad. I'm sure it's going to have plenty of HP and will be very good in the trails while the wheels are on the ground. The only part that really concerns me is the weight. 450lbs. is 450lbs. and that can't be ignored when in the air jumping it. Not only that but this quad is being marketed as an aggressive trail quad and with all that weight and no reverse?? I don't know about your guy's trails but the trails in NE Ohio are pretty tight. Reverse isn't a must if you've got a lighter weight bike but I can't even picture myself trying to muscle 450lbs. around in the woods.

lil400exman
09-22-2002, 09:12 AM
well the cyclone is a ful polaris auto tranny mine beats my 400ex:eek: yeh it does! it is fast and light and has reverse and a 5 gal gas tank!!!!!:macho but i just think is better casue each person can find a quad that fits him better which will get more people involed this this awesome sport!:D :)

Krazy Kid
09-22-2002, 09:10 PM
How about that preadator i think it is a pos just becaus polaris never has made a manual before i dont know but
Pull
On
Leaver
And
Relize
It
Sucks

Nolan (Zman) you could at least spell LEVER right if ur gonna dog on polaris i happen to think the predator is gonnsa be one bad a*s machine... Polaris has made a manual before to i don't remember the model i think i heard some body on here say it was the cyclone or something i don't know but i know the have...

Krazy Kid
09-22-2002, 09:13 PM
Hey slick (stupid driver) when did you ride a z. no offense but from what u tell me at school and on msn it sounds like your a regular dirtwheels riding staff. what quad haven't you ridden.

300exOH
10-22-2002, 02:04 PM
My wife rides a Polaris Trailblazer with a speed kit from HotSeat and that thing flies. I have a hard time getting around it with a modified 300ex! My dad also has a Polaris Cyclone 250x and it moves pretty well too. Don't let everyone lead you to believe Polaris is a joke. Don't get me wrong Honda rules but I think Polaris has a place on the trail too! It could be worse it could be a Ford!

10-22-2002, 07:42 PM
i happen to find the trailblazer a very respectable machine and the preditor as well. they built the friggin thing from the ground up i mean at least they didnt coppy of the 400ex like ***cing the z-400 is. they have to be honest with u if it wasnt a 500 i may consider one for me. i do think that if they are targeting trails as the predominant riding conditions is should have reverse but it looks like the new front susoention system is going to be really good. those are my thoughts not yours

VooDuu Child
10-23-2002, 12:01 AM
Hey Krazy, if you're going to dog someone's spelling, maybe you should read your own threads a little more carefully. Gonna is not spelled gonnsa.