PDA

View Full Version : boggs down when on whoops and small jumps

baker58
12-11-2006, 04:55 PM
has anybody found out what is going on with the ltrs bogging down on small jumps and on the whoops .mine never had a problem until the last 2 times riding it .a while ago i heard of some people having problems and never heard the out come if you had this problem let me know what the problem was thx

AL Elks
12-11-2006, 05:44 PM
FUEL FILTER
Inside the swirl tank (small reservoir attached to the petcock) there is a small fuel filter. This filter needs only to be replaced maybe every six months to a year if you run pump gas. But- with some race fuels, the filter needs to be changed frequently. Some race fuels will dissolve the filter. The symptoms of a bad filter are when the bike inexplicably starts to cut out. Usually in the air off of jumps with a chopped throttle.

If your LT-R starts to show these symptoms, go to your dealer and buy a few of the filters and the O-ring gasket for the swirl tank (just in case you break the original) and replace the filter. We recommend cleaning the fuel pressure regulator at this time as well.

FUEL PRESSURE REGULATOR ISSUES
If your LT-R becomes hard to start and is running poorly, for no apparent reason, often times it could be the Fuel Pressure Regulator. Or, if you’ve had fuel filter issues due to corrosive race gas, the units can become clogged from either debris or corrosion. The normal 42psi pressure can be reduced below 40psi, and things start to go bad. The unit can be cleaned by removing it from the quad, and cleaning with contact cleaner and. We also like to use an air hose to blow out any potential debris.

FUEL LINES
Keeping your fuel lines and water lines cool and protected will make the rubber last a lot longer by protecting it from the heat. The race team uses a heat wrap that is made by CV-4. It looks good and improves durability.

rob-u/21
12-13-2006, 09:56 AM
Can the fuel filters be purchased seperately through a dealer? I think I read somewhere that you had to buy the whole swirl tank and the the filter alone.

AL Elks
12-13-2006, 11:25 AM
Unfortunately you can't. But you can buy them from here:

http://www.cernicsracing.com/2006ltr450fuelfilter.htm

baker58
04-13-2007, 04:23 PM
it was the fuel filter works good now thx

04-13-2007, 05:47 PM
al-elks is the man!!!!!!!!

suzukiray
04-13-2007, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by AL Elks
Unfortunately you can't. But you can buy them from here:

http://www.cernicsracing.com/2006ltr450fuelfilter.htm YES, you CAN buy just the filter! You can also buy just the O ring. Go down to your dealer & look at the microphische & it will have the part #s. Expect to pay around $50.00 for the filter & O ring. Ray.

AL Elks
04-13-2007, 07:36 PM
Yep, the dealer now has them. That darn O ring cost $14 though. Just be careful and you should be able to use the one that's in there. That's what I did. It should last for quite a while.

450#3
04-14-2007, 11:32 AM
what are you guys putting in your tanks to mess up the fuel filters cause i run 112 race gas and i have never had that problem or any other guys around here.

Also you need to clean your injectors with fuel injection cleaner becuase if you keep having those problems with the filter clooging what do you think it is doing to the fuel pump and the injector.

AL Elks
04-14-2007, 05:56 PM
Nothing but Premium gas. I pulled mine just to see what it looked like. Looked pretty good actually. I filter all my gas when putting it into the quad. Pump gas is VERY dirty so it really needs to be filtered. Not to mention all the crud that builds up in your gas can over the years.

450#3
04-14-2007, 07:46 PM
Pump gas is dirty and it wont ever touch my engine only nice clean very $$$$$$ gas goes in mine.