PDA

View Full Version : AGP 07 season

GE4x4
12-11-2006, 04:52 PM
I enjoyed racing some of the series last year and look forward to this season. But I just hope more show up. It's nice getting a plaque and even got my first win:D , but when your racing only about 5 or so in your class, it's not really a great feat. So do any others plan on racing the series this year? For me looking at the numbers from last year, they should switch days for the quads and dirt bikes. When the quads raced on Sunday, we averaged 81 riders in total for the youth, Ametures, and pros. The one time we did race on a Saturday, the quads jumped to 112. Thats 31 more racers. The dirt bikes when on Saturday averaged only 61 racers, but the 2 times they raced on Sunday, they had 177 and 397 show up and race. Those are huge differences in riders and entry fee money. Now I'm not blind, but it seems that Saturday is the day for quads and Sunday for Dirt bikes in which the most show up. So if this is the case, wouldn't it be logical to switch days so we can have more that will race and make the AGP a faster growing series? Well for those who race it, what are your thoughts?

Blizzard24
12-12-2006, 07:47 PM
That would suck for me, I get Sundays off. Saturdays would be no good, I would be off to the WNYOA series then.

I will be racing the series this year, more than the 2 races I hit up last season.

300exHILLER
12-13-2006, 08:05 AM
I'll be there this whole season. I'm split between running on sat or sun. If we run on sat then I have to rush down there on friday after work. When we run on sun I have that long drive home until 12 or 1am then get up for work on monday. So idk it's almost 50/50 to me.

GE4x4
12-13-2006, 04:08 PM
I hear you, but when I get home on Sat night, I know I got Sunday to relax and clean up. On Sunday I to have to get up at 5:00am for work, then my dirty quad sits for a week before I have time to clean it again.:(

Dale@AGP
12-14-2006, 06:29 AM
Hey guys...IÕve been real busy lately and I have to apologize for being MIA.

On the Saturday/Sunday issue I still think that quads have a greater potential and the dirt bike series are over saturated.

Remember when I started this series I did it for the quads and when I layout a course itÕs designed for quads, but donÕt tell the dirt bike guys that...they just like the wide courses.

The truth is that if I could run everything on one day it would be a lot easier on me, but then IÕd be just alienating one or the other group of riders and I donÕt want to be like the local racing district.

Like I said I still think there are more quad riders out there that donÕt know about our series.

So what am I going to do to change things?...how about this....

If you ride the AGP series and you bring a new rider that hasnÕt done an AGP event before, then get this...You ride FREE that day!

ThatÕs right...every time you bring a new rider...your entry fee is FREE!

Now this is were it even gets better ...Now at the next event that NEW rider is now eligible to participate in the program so if they bring a new rider they too now get to ride for FREE!

Marry Christmas to all.

Dale

P.S. ThereÕs going to be a lot more news in the next few weeks and itÕs all good... We now have Moose on board with a really cool contingency program and hopefully adding a few more big names. Again sorry for the MIA thing just been busy.

Blizzard24
12-14-2006, 07:08 PM
Dale, one concern I have is the amount of course workers. I DNF'd at War Horse and had to ride the remaining course on a broken down quad because of lack of help... no problem, but if there was a bad wreck, no one was around.

That being said, some series have a system that gives racers points if they dont race that weekend if they help out on the course. Something we could look into?

I know WNYOA uses this system and it gets the racers involved.

Dale@AGP
12-14-2006, 07:40 PM
I think that's a great idea.

Dale

GE4x4
12-16-2006, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by Dale@AGP
Hey guys...IÕve been real busy lately and I have to apologize for being MIA.

On the Saturday/Sunday issue I still think that quads have a greater potential and the dirt bike series are over saturated.

2 polls have been done. One on this site a few months ago, and another going on right now on another site. Both with the same results. Over 80% of XC racers would rather race Saturday then Sunday. This is a huge difference when 8 out of 10 like Saturday more. I know this is your series Dale and you will run it the way you think is best, but it's real hard to argue real numbers from the racers. But again it is your choice and no one else, but hopefully we will see more at the tracks based on the numbers.:macho