PDA

View Full Version : writting a paper... need to write about the cultural aspect of fourwheeling?????

quader400
12-11-2006, 03:45 PM
i need to incorperate culture into my paper about fourwheeling. i was going to say that the us and canada are mostly the only places ridding is big, because of the money we have to spend on things we want, any one know where i can get info on ridding and culture. any help would be greatly appriciated. thanks jake

suzukigirl
12-11-2006, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by quader400
i was going to say that the us and canada are mostly the only places ridding is big

what about the pont de vaux in france?....and the baja has quads too

ilpadrino113
12-11-2006, 05:00 PM
you could write about the cultural differences between the dirtbike and quad racers and how certain tracks are only allowing bikes and others only allow quads on certain weekends a month.

quader400
12-11-2006, 05:01 PM
good point suzuki girl, i broadened it to all the first worl contries, like us, canada, australia, japan, and western europe

Quad18star
12-11-2006, 05:09 PM
You could incorporate how Utility ATVs are used in certain areas and how it differs from the sport quad side of the sport .

I'm sure you could look up some facts on ATV sales and see what kind of ATVs are sold in different regions and states ( ex. A state like Alaska probably sells more Utility ATVs as compared to a place like California ) .

Maybe compare how it's usually an older crowd that will buy a Utility quad , compared to the young crowd that mostly buys up the sport quads .

Just giving you some ideas.

quader400
12-11-2006, 05:16 PM
quad18star thanks any and all input is welcome. i do like the idea of the utility vs. sport quad idea thanks.

firefighterjosh
12-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Write a paper about how racist honda riders are against Yamaha riders.:(

bwamos
12-12-2006, 08:56 AM
What kind of class is this for. Makes a big difference on what the deinition of culture is for that class.

History vs. Psycology vs. Human Development etc.

Why not write on the ATV Culture. The types, values, creed of the modern ATV rider. The family mentality of the sport.

Write about the good side vs. expounding on the negative aspects that everyone already sees or think they see.

Quad18star
12-12-2006, 12:50 PM
Originally posted by quader400
quad18star thanks any and all input is welcome. i do like the idea of the utility vs. sport quad idea thanks.

One little hint about writting a paper ..... don't be biased towards one side or another .

Sure you love ATVs , just as I do , and we all hate bad press .... but the facts are that some of the bad press we are given , we deserve it . We all hear on the news about how dangerous ATVs are and the damage that is caused .... but you can't go and say " No they don't cause damage and no they aren't dangerous " because in reality they do and they are .

You have to explain the issues and the bad press received . They aren't dangerous if the operator uses the machines in a safe manner ... but they are dangerous if the operator doesn't take the precautions that are necessary ( not wearing helmet , excessive speed , no training , etc) .

Same with the machines causing damage. Damage can be caused by these machines . I've seen pictures of areas that are torn up beyond repair from ATVs , but then again , there are areas where you would never know an ATV passed . Tread Lightly .... explain the meaning .

Hope this gives you a bit more help .