PDA

View Full Version : smashed a part... need replacement... don't know what it is... help!

doggy
12-11-2006, 02:21 PM
Okay... just got my new LT-R450 last week, took it out to the desert this weekend (Ocotillo Wells) and ran over a giagantic rock in 4th gear WOT (yeah yeah, so much for breakin, right?).

Anyway, it smashed the little bracket that passes the chain through - I guess it's like a rear chain guard? It looks easy enough to swap out, but I don't know what part to order.

Anyone have any ideas?

4TraxRider
12-11-2006, 03:35 PM
It looks like all the aftermarket skid plates have the chain guard built in. I would just descride it to your dealer if your ordering another stock one.

Baracudaaa
12-13-2006, 04:28 PM
Thats your rear chain guide. And SHAME ON YOU for riding your LTR out at Ocotillo (Rockatillo) without a rear skid plate, you should know better by now.

doggy
12-13-2006, 04:35 PM
yeah i know... duh!

anyways, i work at a manufacturing company and i brought the part in and the metalworks guys are fab'ing me a new one... beats going back to the shop b/c i will inevitably buy MORE CRAP i can't afford!!! :grr:

Maxxis96
12-14-2006, 08:42 AM
Those parts are not that expensive...I think like $27 each.....

doggy
12-14-2006, 09:17 AM
it's not the part I'm worried about... it's all the other crap i'd end up buying at the shop. I'm like a kid in a candy store.