PDA

View Full Version : truck exhaust question

Stevie-D
12-11-2006, 02:13 PM
took my truck to get inspected today, and i was told that my exhaust won't pass. i've got a cat & muffler on it, with 2 turndowns after the muffler. (split exit muffler) it ends just shy of the rear axle. according to him, it has to exit either out the side, behind, or over the truck. cannot end under the truck.

my understanding has always been that it has to end past the cab. i've heard this from friends that have recently recieved their inspection certification.

same would apply for a box truck. many that dont have stacks just dump out under the truck. :confused:

kinda confused on this one.
can anyone tell my who is right?!?!

either way, ive got a set of dual pipes off of a chevy that i can mount under my truck. looks like i'll be doing it sooner than planned

ECATV Raptor
12-11-2006, 03:32 PM
What the heck is that guy smokin :bandit: Your right as long as it passes the cab ur fine. I have duals that end about an inch after the cab on mine. Take ur truck somewhere else to get it inspected.

JessetheKid
12-11-2006, 03:36 PM
i have always heard that it had to exit the body, i just turned mine down after the cab cuz its a 72 and doesnt have to pass emissions here in ohio