PDA

View Full Version : cams

10-18-2001, 05:11 PM
willl it affect the engine life if u put a aftermarket cam on a 400ex:confused:

Tommy 17
10-18-2001, 06:18 PM
RICA u gotta change ur name man theres only one rico on the site. where u get rica from are u a sissy rico or sumtin. hey rico is this one of ur hooters girls.

trx400ex
10-18-2001, 08:02 PM
what a gay name....what does rico mean anyway?

trueblue450
10-18-2001, 08:07 PM
RicA,

Why Is eVerY twO leTteRs cApiTolIzeD in YouR naMe?

kc 300EX
10-18-2001, 08:37 PM
uh yeah, he asked a question, if your not gonna answer it, dont post, you dont have to be dicks about it

Anywayz, a cam should not affect the life of your engine, as long as you do what is reccomended for that particular cam, i.e hardened rocker arms

10-19-2001, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by RicA
willl it affect the engine life if u put a aftermarket cam on a 400ex:confused:

No it won't if installed properly and broke in properly..

And hey nice name...:D

RideRed04
10-19-2001, 03:25 PM
If you get a wilder cam, you will need to get your rocker arms re-surfaced. If you get a "drop in" you just...drop it in. Make sure to put some moly-lube on the cam when you install it, so you dont burn it up. A great cam in many peoples opinion is the stock xr400 cam, it is a drop in, and gives you a bit more on top. You can pick up a brand new one for $120 from the site sponsor (marcums atv).

AlaskaSpeed
10-19-2001, 08:06 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex

This idiot has nothing but meaningless, start a fight posts. I feel sorry for him, must not have a loving family. JIM

trx400ex
10-19-2001, 08:40 PM
Originally posted by Alaska_400EX

HThis idiot has nothing but meaningless, start a fight posts. I feel sorry for him, must not have a loving family. JIM

Iim glad you feel sorry for me:D

Pi really do have a loving family, so you dont have to worry about that;)

Obut calling your self an idiot and saying you have nothing but meaning less start a fight posts isnt right...jk on that one.....

CRITE i feel sorry for you because alot of your recent posts have been useless to :(

I really am a useless person untill i can answer someones question. then, after that, i am back to being useless:blah :blah :macho

AlaskaSpeed
10-19-2001, 09:15 PM
Well,
I guess I missed the part where you EVER answered anyone's question about ANYTHING. It is too bad that our moderators can't look at these posts and actually do something about it. I guess I have to accept that you are only acting like this because your parents don't care or give you the attention you need. I really do feel sorry for you, I have seen what a terrible family life can do to people when I worked with the many welfare recipients like you and your family. I can get you in touch with some real help if you private message me again. When you asked me what you should do about that thing your family is going through, I told you I would help in any way I could. The offer still stands. JIM

trx400ex
10-19-2001, 09:30 PM
i dont remeber that one, but......i can tell you i just helped a guy on a break in question, and cams on the chat room, and alot of other things, i think 80 percent of my posts are informational id guess yours is probably close altough i dont have the time to watch over you as you do me, i have to get an education ya know....

one thing while im still awake, when i first came to this board i never let on my age, and i got alot of respect, then months later i did, and i got less respect for the same things i wrote.....your one of the only ones that doesnt like me, so im not to crushed about it:D , in other words im not going to stay up all night crying because you dont like what i have to say.........

AlaskaSpeed
10-19-2001, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by trx400ex

First, let me say that this STUPID quoted reply post of yours was in direct response to a question about a cam. Are you really that ignorant that you believe your posts are helpful and other people like you, or don't have a problem with you? If I am the only one that has a problem with you, like you say; then I am the only sane person on this forum.

I think you are sadly mistaken if you think you don't get respect due to your young age. It is idiotic posts like the one I have quoted that causes that problem of no respect for you. I know for a fact that 800 of your posts are NOT helpful at all. In a battle of wits or commons sense, you come up way short, so just go back to hiding....maybe try a different nickname and get a fresh start. JIM