PDA

View Full Version : NEed some help finding some cheap airfare

QuadJunkies
12-11-2006, 11:32 AM
Im trying to find the best price avail. for airfare ROUND TRIP for my ole man so that he can attend the opening round of the WORCS series. He will be flying out for 3 rounds this year,possibly 4.

The kids need him there not only for mechanical issues but to be supportive.The kids were in shock when they heard he could not watch them race and that I would be taking them alone,I can handle the basics, but I cant be everywhere at once! lol He knows the minis better than anyone so he should be there...

His work will not give him any time off for three months, so Ill have to take them to all the rounds myself-unless I can find some really good bargain airfare... !! :)

I have NEVER bought tickets online before. not sure whats good and whats not, maybe something thats a scam???Its kinds scary buying tickets like this since Ive never done it,also the one site has no place to call to ask any questions

Im needing tickets for Jan.26th afternoon and returning Jan.28th early Eve.

this sounded pretty good to me!
Whats your thoughts?
http://www.cheapflights.com/flights/Phoenix/Boise/

Also this
http://www.expedia.com/pub/agent.dll?qscr=fexp&flag=q&c...BOI&dair1=&rfrr=-429
Can ya'll help me out ??

Raptor68
12-11-2006, 11:40 AM
I have used Expedia a lot and have never had any problems with it.

Ralph
12-11-2006, 01:46 PM
I would ask harlen since he flies everyother day

infantry317
12-11-2006, 02:01 PM
I travel some for my current job. Use Expedia to find flights, then go to that airline's site. If you order tickets thru an online service you do not have the same rights as you do if you go thru the airlines, found this out the hard way (they wouldn't let me change flights without lots of hastle and $$$).

So search: Expedia or whatever
Buy: from airlines (same prices will show up) and less $10 fee

Good luck

QuadJunkies
12-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Originally posted by Ralph
I would ask harlen since he flies everyother day
Already done that :)

flht_db
12-12-2006, 01:08 PM
I've used expedia and Orbitz to check on flights and as mentioned above then call the airlines or go to their online site. This also saves the service charge. See if your times are flexible ie a red eye home Sunday night might be cheaper than a Sunday evening flight. Also check if there are multiple airports in the area, one may be a hub of an airline and cheaper.

Look at the smaller airlines they have special fares. Go to the sites and sign up for the promotional emails. Often times you get really good prices a week or 2 before.

Last, when I travelled a lot for work I used the 5 hour rule. If the drive was around or under 5 hours it was better than flying, if you include the tavel to the airport, security wait etc.

Dennis

QuadJunkies
12-12-2006, 11:25 PM
Originally posted by flht_db
I've used expedia and Orbitz to check on flights and as mentioned above then call the airlines or go to their online site. This also saves the service charge. See if your times are flexible ie a red eye home Sunday night might be cheaper than a Sunday evening flight. Also check if there are multiple airports in the area, one may be a hub of an airline and cheaper.

Look at the smaller airlines they have special fares. Go to the sites and sign up for the promotional emails. Often times you get really good prices a week or 2 before.

Last, when I travelled a lot for work I used the 5 hour rule. If the drive was around or under 5 hours it was better than flying, if you include the tavel to the airport, security wait etc.

Dennis

All the flights we will be needing are anywhere from 13-17 hours one way and thats before any pit stops:scary: Flying would most likely be the cheaper way to go and the fastest.
Thanks for all the suggestions and the advice!
I personally have only flown 3 times ,one was for a medical injury I had . Im not fond of flying, but Ill have to deal with that to save some time .