PDA

View Full Version : some questions about dogs

bradley300
12-11-2006, 09:19 AM
i remeber a thread a while back where a few members had bassett hounds and i was hoping they could help me out. ive always seen basett hounds inside, but always heard they slobber. conflicting interest in my book, so can someone help clear it up? do they really slobber alot, or barely, or not at all, or is it just hit and miss from dog to dog? also, i saw that they are a constant shedder. meaning they shed all year round. do they shed heavily the whole time? or so little that its kind of a non issue?

i really want a basset hound, but my wife wants wants a corgi:rolleyes: so i need to try and convince her that they are great dogs:D

Ghost-Rider
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Get A Boxer.......but i assume the AKC ( American Kennel Club ) website could help

700bRad
12-11-2006, 01:17 PM
Yes Bassets do shed year around, and its noticable enough that someone with minor allergies will wake up with matted and swallon eyes. Bassets are awsome loyal dogs to have around, I like it when they trip over there ears lol.

12-11-2006, 01:41 PM
we wanted a basset hound a while ago but never got one...but we have 2 beagles, 1 bloodhound, 1 jack russel terrier, 2 york shire terriers, 1 mini pincher?, 1 australian blue healer

our blood hound isnt full grown yet, only 75lbs right now but he will drink from a bowl of water then walk away and half of the water he drank will drip back out of his lips. he makes a lot of messes haha he tore up 3 dog beds in 2 days last week haha and so far he has chewed about $5000 worth of furniture

Wills 77

12-12-2006, 11:21 AM
I agree with Ghost-Rider. Get a boxer, best dogs IMO. Mine drools sometimes, he snores. but that's why i love him.

infantry317
12-12-2006, 11:53 AM
Corgis are mean little bast***s. I swear to God every one I've ever seen has mental problems :scary: :devil:

450ERRRRRR!
12-12-2006, 12:49 PM
I too wanted a Bassett hound. They make some stuff called shed-x that really helps with the shedding problem. I didnt get the bassett, was out voted. So we now have a Toy Fox Terrier. She's a blast and real smart. Housed trained in only two days. I'm still going to get me a bassett and a Grizzly some day!

450ERRRRRR!
12-12-2006, 12:57 PM
I cant leave out my other Buddy. This is Buckwheat! He's a Rat Terrier and smart as they come. I ran over him when he was six months old. I was sure he was a goner,but he made it. Still chases but knows those tires can bite back. He loves to ride with you. He will sit on a pad on the tank all day and still want to take a short night ride. I had a boxer but he wouldn't stay home so he moved in with the neighboors about 7 years ago. I hear him bark once in a while just to let me know he's still here. I love dogs as much as ATV's.

Ghost-Rider
12-12-2006, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by BrD MaN
I agree with Ghost-Rider. Get a boxer, best dogs IMO. Mine drools sometimes, he snores. but that's why i love him.
Yea lol so does mine escpially now thats hes getting old he drinks a lot so he drinks like half a bowl water and walks away with water pouring from his gums /lips w/e but he is an asome dog does snore sometimes lol....and beisdes what other dog can you do this with lol ?