PDA

View Full Version : Grizzly 600

brandan_k
12-11-2006, 08:09 AM
I am getting a 2000 Grizzly 600 4x4 for next to nothing and am wondering what I should do to it to wake it up. I am not wanting to do a BBK or a suspension lift. I want to make it a very capable mud machine.

Slinky
12-11-2006, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by brandan_k
I am getting a 2000 Grizzly 600 4x4 for next to nothing and am wondering what I should do to it to wake it up. I am not wanting to do a BBK or a suspension lift. I want to make it a very capable mud machine. pipe, filter, jetkit, clutch kit that will help...it made a night and day difference on my buddies 98 grizz 600

brandan_k
12-11-2006, 03:15 PM
I am also wondering about the Detroit Gearless Locker. Is it worth the money?

What are some suggestions as far as which pipe?

Also, when you say night and day, how much of a real difference is that? Can it wheelie? What is the top speed?

Slinky
12-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I am also wondering about the Detroit Gearless Locker. Is it worth the money?

What are some suggestions as far as which pipe?

Also, when you say night and day, how much of a real difference is that? Can it wheelie? What is the top speed?

yeah it can wheelie....before he'd have to stand on the racks to get it to, now he can just stand on the floor boards and just bounce it up
top speed has dropped a little with the clutch kit, but the thing will stay right next to my buddies rincon 650 with pipe and jet kit

my buddy is running and HMF..i've heard both good and bad about them, but everyone around here runs them.

brandan_k
12-12-2006, 06:15 AM
Thanks for all the help.

I am also on highlifter forums and they are talling me to get the detroit gearless locker. Does anyone know if it is worth it?

Thank you Slinky, you have been alot of help. This thing should be a monster if I can round up the cash for it.

Slinky
12-12-2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks for all the help.

I am also on highlifter forums and they are talling me to get the detroit gearless locker. Does anyone know if it is worth it?

Thank you Slinky, you have been alot of help. This thing should be a monster if I can round up the cash for it.
i dont know anything about the locker, but a locker is never a bad thing.

i'm really impressed with my buddies grizz. I've been shopping for a 4x4 and i might look into one of these because they are pretty cheap to pick up. I just wish it wasnt a solid rear axel. but oh well..still would be fun!

brandan_k
12-12-2006, 08:14 AM
I am thinking that with the mods you can make to one, as far as springs and suspension are concerned, it will not be that big of a problem that it is SRA. If anything, it is less parts to break/ replace and for the riding I am going to be doing (mud) it is going to be fine, because the mud that I ride in doesn't have many hazards that the IRS would clear which the SRA couldn't.