View Full Version : 2005 Polaris Phoenix 200

lunetick
12-11-2006, 07:21 AM
Im having a problem with the battery charging, I thought it was a bad battery so i bought a new one it started once, then that was it had to kick it after that. Does enyone know anything about the charging system on this atv. ANY HELP WOULD BE VERY HELPFULL

smitty7
12-11-2006, 08:45 PM
no i dont no anything about the battery but i juss busted the top end of my rear shcok last weekend haha...

JBOYZ
12-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Son had a 2005 Phoenix - wouldn't hold charge on a battery & would only run for 30 to 45 minutes..... CDI was getting hot & had to be replaced & charging system was inoperable... go figure... Was still under warranty - but too bad the polaris dealer was not capable of repairing the unit... lol

lunetick
12-14-2006, 11:29 AM
what did you end doing?? I thought about cdi/reg they do not feel overly hot. I was thinking of putting a battery cutoff switch on, would this work, turn on start then turn off battery. Sucks to leve it running when we stop for a min, because it such a pain in the a** to kick start..

JBOYZ
12-14-2006, 12:56 PM
What did we end up doing? ...........

Well.... the Polaris dealer finally got the cdi in. He had the quad for a week to replace the cdi....? Finally called him & he wanted to hold onto the bike a few more days to make sure it was ok... Another week went by... still wanted to hold on for a few more days... So.... to make a long story short... He was prolonging me in picking up the quad because it was repaired the day I took it in & he "loaned" my sons quad to a customer so that he could "race" it @ a local event that the dealer was sponsoring. Unfortunately, the rider hit the wall & did major damage to the quad. The dealer was putting me off so that he could get all of the damaged parts replaced. (As if I would not notice the new parts... lol) When I got to the dealership it had 4 new rims and tires, new front fenders, new rear axle housing, new rear shock. Needless to say... the dealer bought the quad back - I don't think he wanted the fight I was ready to give him.

Unreal how low some people can be - huh?

It was the CDI that was bad in the quad - a friends son had the same bike, same problem - CDI would get hot and shut the quad down....
Best of luck w/ your quad!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

lunetick
12-15-2006, 06:26 AM
I dont have a problem with it shuting down, my problem is starting, I bought a new battery made sure it had a full charge quad started right up on battery, we went trail riding about 30- 40min stoped to look around, when we got back on quads it was totaly dead, no lights, clicking, nothing.