PDA

View Full Version : Good tires at a good price..

song4u
12-11-2006, 06:32 AM
I currently have the stock tires on my 400ex..and they SUCK...I ride in a place thats got alot of deep mud puddles and ruts and I want to go with bigger tires that will allow more clearance and steer better. Is there anything out there thats inexpensive and will do the trick ? I dont race proffesionally and dont want to spend to much. A friend told me to not go any bigger then 20" tires because it would be to hard on the clutch,

Any reccomendations ? ..I definitely want to replace the front tires as soon as possible

underpowered
12-11-2006, 10:17 AM
you looking for just front tires or a set of front and back? but how much to you consider "not to much" a good tire and a cheap tire are usually not the same thing. Kenda klaws are a good tire for the money, but i actually like the stock 400ex tires. as for sizing, i would use a 22x7-10 up front and a 20x11-9 out back.

blasterandy
12-11-2006, 03:31 PM
Look at http://www.rockymountainatv.com they sell razr's at a good price.

Xater
12-11-2006, 06:19 PM
razrs or klaws are probly the best for you.

miller821
12-11-2006, 06:50 PM
6-Ply Razr 2's are the way to go... A little bit expensive, but hook up and hold up great! I got razr2 rears and regular razr's for the front.

jokester
12-11-2006, 07:44 PM
I run 22-7-10 up front and 20-11-9 in the rear... I just put brand new regular razor's all the way around, and I live and ride where its really muddy out, and they hook up awsome!!

northwest Texas
12-12-2006, 03:33 PM
You're in a similar boat as I. I installed Maxxis All Traks and they made a huge difference in traction in the loose stuff. They're a deep lugged knobby and all around traction is great. I run 22 x 11 x 8's and I got by with stock gearing. I also have a set on my 4wd and tire wear is very good so far, have almost 1,000 miles and they show surprisingly little wear. These tires used to be the thing 4wd racers used until others came out and you'll still see many out there running the All Traks.

Lots of guys will say Holeshots and Razr's, not to say they're wrong, but I think the All Trak's are hard to beat. They're also more inexpensive than the Holeshots and Razr's.

Some will mention they're only 2 ply but I haven't had any problems yet with flats/punctures/etc.

Consider going to a 23" front tire to level it out.

hoodie
12-12-2006, 03:51 PM
I ordered klaws all around from rocky mountain atv. I got all 4 for under 200 dollars. Can't wait to see how they do when they get here.

Deadly300
12-12-2006, 05:11 PM
i did the same kenda klaws all around for 180 and you cant beat that. 20-11-9 rear/ 21-7-10 front

Xater
12-12-2006, 05:26 PM
Originally posted by northwest Texas
You're in a similar boat as I. I installed Maxxis All Traks and they made a huge difference in traction in the loose stuff. They're a deep lugged knobby and all around traction is great. I run 22 x 11 x 8's and I got by with stock gearing. I also have a set on my 4wd and tire wear is very good so far, have almost 1,000 miles and they show surprisingly little wear. These tires used to be the thing 4wd racers used until others came out and you'll still see many out there running the All Traks.

Lots of guys will say Holeshots and Razr's, not to say they're wrong, but I think the All Trak's are hard to beat. They're also more inexpensive than the Holeshots and Razr's.

Some will mention they're only 2 ply but I haven't had any problems yet with flats/punctures/etc.

Consider going to a 23" front tire to level it out.
i wouldnt trust 2 ply tires...

gotwarrior
12-12-2006, 05:39 PM
Kenda tires are they way to go.. Cheap!! And they have good reviews.