PDA

View Full Version : First Harescramble, tips?

One_Bad_400
12-10-2006, 10:37 PM
I'm gonna run my first ever harescramble in a week. I'm a MX/TT rider and just wanna try this during the off-season. Anybody got any good tips? I used to ride trails alot but haven't lately since the only spare time I've had to ride has been just at the races.

I'll be runnin stock width up front with some elkas on the front and all stock rear suspension cause my good suspension setup right now is for TT and 1.) its just not the right setup and 2.) I don't want to destroy that stuff if I decide to hit a tree or two...

I have an RPM +1/+4, i'm guessin I should put it all the way in? I don't want to be too wide in the trail right?

I'm excited to try something different though!

firefighterjosh
12-10-2006, 11:21 PM
Yes I would adjust it all the way in.

Make sure you have skid plates.

Ride smart

Always be on the look out for another line incase the guy in front of you gets stuck or messes up.

Always look ahead not at the trees (you prally know that)

Be consistent not fast. Like don't run 2 fast laps and 2 slow laps. Run 4 consistent laps.

Wear a Camelback, best thing I have ever done.

Delectrical grease all conncections.

I have a 20 inch rear and 21 inch front tire set up. I love it.

Hope this helps a little

skull2002
12-11-2006, 12:45 AM
the best advice i recieved for my first race was to just have fun,,,and concentrate on just finishing. and NARROW is always better.if you get behind a slower rider, just wooooo, and he will let you by, same if you hear a woooooooo, let him by you, just a bit of racing ettiquette. after 1 race, you will be hooked, they r a blast! full skids recommended, razr2's are great tires,usually an hour race, but you will be surprised how fast that time goes.dont override(usually bcus of tryig to keep up with an insanely fast A rider) those guys are like greased lightning in the woods! but most important, have fun.