PDA

View Full Version : Answer roost boost

Gregjy
12-10-2006, 08:00 PM
Are the answer roost boost worth installing? Is there any real performance gains?

C-LEIGH RACING
12-10-2006, 08:49 PM
Why buy one, there a bunch of 250R guys probably have them laying around that they would give you if you want.
Neil

Tom TRX250R
12-10-2006, 09:17 PM
It is really debated whether this helps any, Too me it was a late eighties fad that didn't really show any gains. My R had one on it and I took it off just to see if it did anything and I noticed no difference.

deathman53
12-10-2006, 09:18 PM
can you still buy them in most places?????? I only know of one place that sells them and they are stock that has been sitting for about 10 yrs, he cut the price in half for them and he still can't move them. Last time I looked, there wasn't one for a trx/atc250r in there, just some kawi's. Most people say they do the same as a Amp Link does, just drains your wallet.

velocityatv
12-10-2006, 09:28 PM
I bought a Dyna FS single curve CDI around $100 from Colby at C&D

They increase the bottom end timing by I believe it was +5 degrees and flattened it out to stock on top end. They also state that they run a different RPM resistor that lets it top out higher and increase spark energy output.

I have the RPM adjustable timing plate and with some tuning, the CDI made a big difference! I had to re-jet for it and I have a ton more bottom end with my 38mm A/S carb.

Just my 2 cents but it was worth the $

Westro
12-11-2006, 07:52 AM
I also hit the fad on my CR125 (in the early 90s). I junked it after a year as it made my bike run like crap at times.

**Save your $$ for some other mods**

Gregjy
12-11-2006, 08:38 PM
Thanks guys...Kinda figured they were just hype....Put the one on I have and dont know if there is any gains did a rebuild and a 295 bigbore all at once....She runs strong now though....