PDA

View Full Version : I went from quads to bikes, now thinking of going back?

sportraxkid
12-10-2006, 07:18 PM
About 2 years ago I sold my 440ex and bought a kx250. I really like riding bikes but I just dont have the urge to go out and ride like I used to with quads. Me and my dad restore motorcycle's as a side job and we go riding every couple of weeks but its just not as fun going riding with him on his dvx when im on a bike. About half the people I ride with have quads and about half have dirtbikes. I pretty much ride about 90% in the sand and have been really been thinking about going back to 4 wheelers. Have any of you been in this position and what do did you do? If I get a quad im probley going to get a 04 yfz or trx because of the price but which one would you prefer in the sand? I have been riding quads and bikes for about 10 years but ive allways had one of each until 2 years ago. What do you think I should do?

csimp3
12-10-2006, 07:43 PM
i have the same problem, except throw sportbikes into the mix also, lol, i got rid of my ktm 450 cause i needed the $, and traded my 400ex for a gsxr, a couple weeks ago i started wanting a quad again, 2 days ago i went and bought a ltr450 and i love it, in my heart im a bike guy, but i know i wouldnt be as happy with a dirtbike as i am this quad, especially if i was riding in the sand like you are, i hate riding dirtbikes in the sand, i always fall down, haha

12-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Dont be a puss. Stay with the bike. Get a fourstroke : )

TheMachine
12-11-2006, 10:41 AM
I haven't personally had this problem, but a friend of mine has. He started on quads and had a real bad wreck so his dad made him sell it. So he got a bike. He got incredibly fast and liked his bike but told me it just wasn't as fun. He bought a 450r and raced it for a while and then wrecked and broke his leg. His dad made him sell that and he couldn't stand it. So he went behind his dads back(hes in college) and bought a yfz450. His dad would support him on a bike but not a quad. Just kinda giving you an idea of what some people would do to ride a quad.:D

Raptor68
12-11-2006, 11:43 AM
I would try to keep the bike AND get a quad. I don't know if you have the funds to do so, but that way you can switch it up and not get tired of either.

Quad Boy 660r
12-11-2006, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by csimp3
i have the same problem, except throw sportbikes into the mix also, lol, i got rid of my ktm 450 cause i needed the $, and traded my 400ex for a gsxr, a couple weeks ago i started wanting a quad again, 2 days ago i went and bought a ltr450 and i love it, in my heart im a bike guy, but i know i wouldnt be as happy with a dirtbike as i am this quad, especially if i was riding in the sand like you are, i hate riding dirtbikes in the sand, i always fall down, haha

Was you KTM a SX model,and if it was how did you like it?