PDA

View Full Version : cam and piston

slick7108514
12-10-2006, 05:42 PM
ive got a 2002 400ex with a lrd pro 4 full exhaust, k&n intake, dyno jet, 14t front sprocket. anyways i'm thinking of buying a 10.1 wiseco piston and a stage 1 hotcam. i just got a few questions about this setup. first off will the standard 85mm piston right into my stock motor or will it require machining and is the standard 85mm wiseco piston on sale at rockymountainatv.com the 10.0-1 piston or the 11.0-1??? for the cam install will the stock timing chain work....i have noticed alot of the other members are using the 450r chain...can i just use my stock one? last but not least do i need to get a new gasket kit or can i use the old ones or do these kits come with new gaskets....i plan on buying the cam and piston from rockymountainatv.

zrpilot
12-10-2006, 06:38 PM
You simply can't put a piston into a cylinder without doing a hone. Therefore for a few extra bucks I'd at least send it to Colby at C&D and let him measure it. If it can be honed and use a stock bore piston, then it would be the least $$$. Otherwise if the cylinder is tapered or out of round, he then can bore, hone and proivde a piston to match.

I'd do the 11:1 and plan on running premium.

Always start with new gaskets! Piece of mind on the trail or track is worth the few $$$.

Stock chain that is NOT worn out is fine!