PDA

View Full Version : Anybody run derisi rebuilds for MX?

rollie
12-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Im looking at the derisi rebuilds on the site, i mean for like $785 you get the front shocks converted to Triple rate ZPS and he can gain up to 2'' of travel from it, and in the rear he converts it to a dual rate ZPS travel with rear linkage, which also gives you more travel, how does this work, including the a-arms and axle i can have the front end rear end done for the the price of a long travel front end, id like to hear how good these setups acually work, thanks

Pappy
12-10-2006, 05:42 PM
they work very well, but they do have thier limits as do all rebuilds.

we ran them on a yfz and only ditched the fronts when we upgraded to LT arms. The derisi rear is still on our yfz and still getting it done.

randy lehr even took our yfz over the 110 footer at Rausch with derisi rebuilds and said he couldnt believe they were stock shocks:p

rollie
12-10-2006, 05:53 PM
sweet! thanks, im 16 and i dont exactly have the money for long travel just yet, lol but i dont want to sacrifice performance, sounds like this will be a good set up to race on until i can afford LT:cool:

trx400exxracer
12-10-2006, 05:55 PM
another thing DeRisi also started doing the travel mod where he cuts the shock body and allows you about 2 more inches of front end wheel travel!!!

DeRisi does awsome work for great prices!!!

www.derisiracing.com

400exrider707
12-10-2006, 08:23 PM
Originally posted by trx400exxracer
another thing DeRisi also started doing the travel mod where he cuts the shock body and allows you about 2 more inches of front end wheel travel!!!

DeRisi does awsome work for great prices!!!

www.derisiracing.com

Cant see that happening on stock arms.... the balljoints and tie rod ends physically wont allow for that much more travel.:ermm:

GIXXER1KR
12-10-2006, 08:33 PM
Its not 2 inches just under 1 inch.Totally different!!!

trx400exxracer
12-10-2006, 08:42 PM
2004-07 TRX450R Stock Suspension Upgrade. MX Package Includes Triple Rate ZPS Front Springs, Dual Rate ZPS Rear Spring, and a new Linkage. Front Shocks are modified for up to 2" more wheel travel, and New multi-stage valving circuits. Rear shock is also modified with Multi-Stage valving circuits to fit MX style Riding/Racing. The new rear linkage changes the leverage ratio curve so take out the kicking problem while adding more rear wheel travel. All Setups are 100% Guaranteed!

Pricing: 2004-05 $775.00, 2006- $785.00

http://www.derisiracing.com/atv/suspension/shockconversions.htm

I called him and asked him even after I saw it on his website that what he said!

pudamac12
12-11-2006, 12:21 PM
it says for up to 2 more inches of travel which could mean that aftermarket arms could be used to make up that difference.

N300exJ
12-11-2006, 04:09 PM
I plan on sending my shocks to derisi for a full mx setup. and i definatly will be going with +2 a arms as well.

fultz416ex
12-11-2006, 04:27 PM
i ran his rebuilds on plus 1 arms and they worked great. i raced both mx and woods. i had his mx set-up and i was amazed. i would say go for it. great customer service also.

travis

blakefoote
12-11-2006, 05:10 PM
yah i loved my rebuilds!!! I switched to Fox shox not too long ago and they are alot better but for that price and ST they are juss as good as buying axis or elka...

Santo DeRisi
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by 400exrider707
Cant see that happening on stock arms.... the balljoints and tie rod ends physically wont allow for that much more travel.:ermm:

On compressed length they do have the ball joint travel needed so you will get more up travel.

chris450R
12-11-2006, 11:34 PM
hey Santo,
i got a question for you. what a-arms would you recommend using with your rebuild? i am leaning towards yours but i am not really sure what ST a-arms would be the best for the MX rebuild.

thanks, chris

Architects
12-12-2006, 12:42 AM
I think for now Ive decided on this exact setup. Sounds awesome for the price. My broke *** just cant afford Lt right now. Ill jump to Lt eventually

trx400exxracer
12-12-2006, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by chris450R
hey Santo,
i got a question for you. what a-arms would you recommend using with your rebuild? i am leaning towards yours but i am not really sure what ST a-arms would be the best for the MX rebuild.

thanks, chris

I think Santo only makes Long travel a-arms if I recall correctly.

Santo DeRisi
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
For right now we are just doing LT a-arms, But we will eventually have standard travel a-arms also. I would recommend the Houser standard travel a-arms. We sell those so if you want some prices just give me a call when you have some time.