PDA

View Full Version : Oil change

Robe338
12-10-2006, 05:15 PM
Hey, I just bought A TRX90. Ive ordered a repair manual but haven't gotten it yet (otherwise I wouldn't be asking this). When checking the oil Do I
1. screw the dip stick all the way down then back out and check?
2. just stick the dip stick in the case with out screwing it down, then pull it out and check it?
Thanks, David.

Mongo177
12-11-2006, 08:05 PM
Hopes this helps, it comes from the Honda website

Checking Engine Oil Level and Adding Oil

Check the engine oil each day before operating your FOURTRAX and add oil if needed.

To check the oil level:

1. Make sure the vehicle is on level ground.

2. Start the engine in a well-ventilated area and let it idle for a few minutes.

3. Stop the engine.

4. After a few minutes, remove the oil filler cap/dipstick (1) (Fig. 4-8) from the right crankcase cover and wipe it clean.

5. Insert the dipstick without screwing it in, then remove the dipstick and check the oil level. The oil level should be between the upper level mark (2) and the lower level mark (3) on the dipstick.

6. If required, add the specified oil into the filler cap hole, up to the upper level mark on the dipstick. Do not overfill.

7. Reinstall the oil filler cap/dipstick.

CAUTION:
Running the engine with improper oil level can cause serious engine damage.

Robe338
12-11-2006, 08:39 PM
Hey, mongo177 thanks for the info i didnt know it was on the honda site. I felt stupid for asking. But better safe than sorry. thanks again

Mongo177
12-11-2006, 09:14 PM
You have to sign up for their Owner Links section to get this information. No need to feel dumb. I spend way too much time researching info on my son's TRX 90.