PDA

View Full Version : pics of the FT racing

QuadJunkies
12-10-2006, 02:49 PM
My ole man has been trying to work with his suspention to make it as versatile as possible for FT,WORCS,Desert,XC and MX racing as possible. Only complication right now is TRACTION.. He has been racing WITHOUT a sway bar ,so not all 4 tires are aiding in traction right now.
We are goign to TRY and come up with a mount for my EX Sway Bar (will not work with suspention set up the way it is now) and I just recently purchaced a knife with a #5 and #3 blade to cut the hoosiers .

Currently had 4 races(one DNF from a wreck) and is in 2nd place in Pro class:D
Hopefully this will get a few 1st places under his belt and no more SPIN OUTS!:o :p
Tough track-TONS of Carnage!

GO TROY!!!
the guy on the white R is running Pro in the ICE series..
I wish we could follow that series :(

http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/71170745.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/71170744.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/70461582.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/70461590.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/70461593.jpg
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/70463233.jpg http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/70463236.jpg

300exHILLER
12-11-2006, 07:33 AM
Turn up the low speed compression on the outside front shock (right side) that will keep the rear tire on the ground. I use to have my shocks set up for XC, MX and FT. It worked for me.

QuadJunkies
12-11-2006, 08:16 AM
Originally posted by 300exHILLER
Turn up the low speed compression on the outside front shock (right side) that will keep the rear tire on the ground. I use to have my shocks set up for XC, MX and FT. It worked for me.

Hes used to adjusting his shocks accordingly for FT(been racing it for 5 years now) but Ill tell him this just in case he hasnt done it already-thanks! :)

dirtmomma
12-11-2006, 09:42 AM
Tina I hate to say it but he may hook up WAAAAAAAAY better w/ turfies :o DJ couldn't get his 450 to hook up for NOTHING @ MOnroe w/ the Hoosiers(I also hear they are a ****** to sipe just an FYI) the 1st 2 races he was all over the track just spinning!
Well we decided to use the blaster hubs & turfies & WOW what a difference:eek2: as you know he WON the Pro A main last weekend w/ those tires :macho AFter watching the video you can see that every other quad that has Hoosiers on is also all over the track!! One other thing that we think is making a difference, the blaster hubs are skinnier than the stock YFZ ones so the inside rear tire is sitting more under the quad/motor for more TRACTION, he runs a wheel spacer on the outside hub, he has stock blaster shocks on the front w/ stock a arms, also has a swaybar!! We are kind of coming to find out that wider may not always be better :) 7 yrs of doing it & we may be getting it figured out LOL
He will also be running the ICE races this Fri. night!!!!!! Was going to get him in PRo but just don't have the time to do it :o NEXT YEAR he will be running Pro!!!!!

Anyway hope you get it figured out :)

QuadJunkies
12-11-2006, 09:45 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Tina I hate to say it but he may hook up WAAAAAAAAY better w/ turfies :o DJ couldn't get his 450 to hook up for NOTHING @ MOnroe w/ the Hoosiers(I also hear they are a ****** to sipe just an FYI) the 1st 2 races he was all over the track just spinning!
Well we decided to use the blaster hubs & turfies & WOW what a difference:eek2: as you know he WON the Pro A main last weekend w/ those tires :macho AFter watching the video you can see that every other quad that has Hoosiers on is also all over the track!! One other thing that we think is making a difference, the blaster hubs are skinnier than the stock YFZ ones so the inside rear tire is sitting more under the quad/motor for more TRACTION, he runs a wheel spacer on the outside hub, he has stock blaster shocks on the front w/ stock a arms, also has a swaybar!! We are kind of coming to find out that wider may not always be better :) 7 yrs of doing it & we may be getting it figured out LOL
He will also be running the ICE races this Fri. night!!!!!! Was going to get him in PRo but just don't have the time to do it :o NEXT YEAR he will be running Pro!!!!!

Anyway hope you get it figured out :)
We used to run Turfs, they dont do all that great out there anymore since they changed up the dirt.
WE have enough heatraces now that a hoosier tire is whats actually a good tire out there now due to the blugroove thats created :)
He tired knobbies and they do not do well for our quads application
the issue isnt so much that hes lacking tire traction as it is hes lacking ALL FOUR TIRES on the ground lol!

I bought a good hot knife so it shouldnt be too hard to do .)

Again, we are taking a MX,Desert set up and making it work for FT.
Hes brought home money every race but one so it cant be THAT bad!:blah: hehe!
A sway bar will help ALOT,hes not able to power out of the corners like he used to with one before.
Its laos narrowed up as much as it will possibly go w/o making it too tall.

Hey DM~~
What video are you referring to??
What works well for a YFZ doesnt actually always work well on the Honda. Troy tired the same set up as his buddy runs on the YFZ and it was not a good combo.
And your right- being WIDER isnt always best,in fact it may make it WORSE..especially in the rear end.

QuadJunkies
12-29-2006, 12:52 PM
Troy got the tires done last night, took about 30 minutes per tire. Groomer worked like a charm charm
Next season a new pair will def be needed,these lasted two years so no complaints!

QuadJunkies

QuadJunkies

sammy5x
12-29-2006, 03:26 PM
Hey 300exHiller-

Do you see that SWEEET 250R !!!

Ahhh, the good 'ol days.

QuadJunkies
12-29-2006, 11:26 PM
It is a VERY sweetR
http://www.pbase.com/quadjunkies/image/71170841.jpg

dirtmomma
12-30-2006, 09:27 AM
Is that QFT R????????? Can't see the whole # on it haha that is a sweet R :) Here is another SWEET R :D:D:D It's my nephews & it's friggin CRAZY fast :devil: :eek2: He just got a new top end for it for xmas, it's going to be even CRAZIER fast now :eek:

Glad you got the Hoosiers grooved, we have our last points race tonight @ Monroe, then next weekend is a play weekend, DJ is racing my 426 tonight :blah: for the fun of it, we have a new 400cc quad class that he's gonna give a try, heck we'll have to see how I feel maybe I'll run it just to see, I've never raced it @ Monroe, in fact I've only raced it ONCE!!!!!

dirtmomma
12-30-2006, 09:50 AM
Well for some reason I can't get my pics to load here says they are too big :rolleyes: :ermm: they are 640x480?? ONly way they work is if I go thru webshots or imagestation!! So don't have time for that haha

QuadJunkies
12-30-2006, 11:30 AM
DM~
I run into that ALOT with my new Camera, but if you use a program like this
http://www.download.com/Magic-Image-Resizer/3000-12511-10477197.html

Or something similar, you will be alot happier with picture resizing and you wont get that picture sizing error message here anymore ;) you dont lose as much quality of the photo either with this program.
(well, almost ) lol

QuadJunkies
12-30-2006, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by dirtmomma
Is that QFT R????????? Can't see the whole # on it haha that is a sweet R :) Here is another SWEET R :D:D:D It's my nephews & it's friggin CRAZY fast :devil: :eek2: He just got a new top end for it for xmas, it's going to be even CRAZIER fast now :eek:

Glad you got the Hoosiers grooved, we have our last points race tonight @ Monroe, then next weekend is a play weekend, DJ is racing my 426 tonight :blah: for the fun of it, we have a new 400cc quad class that he's gonna give a try, heck we'll have to see how I feel maybe I'll run it just to see, I've never raced it @ Monroe, in fact I've only raced it ONCE!!!!!
Its atcually Lances quad
We have taken off the last 3-4 weeks for the holidays, it gears back up for us this next wk end.
Is DJ leading in points?!

honda4life72
12-30-2006, 06:48 PM
it loks like you would get better tracion with knobbie tires

QuadJunkies
12-30-2006, 08:07 PM
Originally posted by honda4life72
it loks like you would get better tracion with knobbie tires
You would think so, but actually you dont.
We went that route once and it was not good,the slicks worked much better .

dirtmomma
12-31-2006, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by QuadJunkies
Its atcually Lances quad
We have taken off the last 3-4 weeks for the holidays, it gears back up for us this next wk end.
Is DJ leading in points?!

Haha NOPE DJ is not in the points run :( well actually as of the week before x-mas he was 1 point out of 3rd in the 450 class, 3rd place AGAIN haha for 3 yrs in a row!!!
He had a hellava night last night it was CARNAGE CENTRAL, last points race ect. poor Eleanore came home w/ a toasted tie rod, bent rear wheel & tweaked axle :(:( most damge she's had since we got her!! Dj was PIZZED to say the least!! He also rode my 426 last night in the new 400cc quad class, he did GREAT on that for not riding it hardly haha, he siad he felt more stable on that than the yfz :eek2: :rolleyes: I told him don't get used to it LOL, he took 2nd in the "A" main on it, took 3rd in the PRo B" main, & not sure what he took in the 450 class,

WE are SERIOUSLY thinking about running some WORCS & other different racing he is getting really sick of Monroe & REALLY wants to try mx/cc type racing :) then I might be able to race too :scary: Trev is not racing anymore as of last night so that gives more $$ to DJ for racing so we will see what happens I have to do LOTS of research on where/when ect. for that!! Maybe you can help me :D:D Means we will have to travel more but he's getting bored of going in circles haha

I'll try to post some pics later :) oh yeh & I got to the other site going to post now about Wallace :)

QuadJunkies
12-31-2006, 11:42 AM
thanks!
The niced thing about WORCS is its a mix of mx and Cross Country
Let me know if you race in Olympia(Aug.) Ill be there this year :)