PDA

View Full Version : Battery problems

bigbadbrad
12-10-2006, 01:47 PM
well if you own a king quad, you might have a problem with the battery draining while sitting in the cold winter months. You can solve this by getting a battery tender for it, it solved my problems.

firefighterjosh
12-10-2006, 09:33 PM
Originally posted by bigbadbrad
well if you own a king quad, you might have a problem with the battery draining while sitting in the cold winter months. You can solve this by getting a battery tender for it, it solved my problems.

How long was it sitting? and How cold you talking? Mine has been sitting for 1 week now in under 30 degree weather with no problems?

bigbadbrad
12-12-2006, 11:19 AM
a few weeks, and in the 20's and lower and higher, northern maine weather. always changing. it can get pretty cold, well below zero, i am not the only person that had this problem, my dealer said about 7 or 8 other people all had they same problem, all solved by battery tenders also

4trax250x81
12-12-2006, 03:59 PM
I also just had that problem this week. It was sitting about a month and it has been cold, battery tender fixed that problem.

King of Sting
02-19-2007, 01:11 PM
There is definatly a constant power surge going on with these kings. Something is running in the background while ignition is off. I checked my tender last night, said full charge, went out this morning and it said charging again. I also had to buy a battery tender, my battery flattened and would not keep a charge for longer then 3 days. Machine is only 7 months old with very little driving on it. Oh well no biggy i guess, only a 20 dollar setback. Nice to know my battery will always be there for me now in the cold morning starts.

firefighterjosh
02-19-2007, 06:12 PM
ya my battery finally died. damn thing. Wouldn't even hold enough charge for me to ride it around. I would jump it then it would die 30 feet later. No light no nothing. Put it into 4wd and it would die. I was snowed in so I rigged up a battery off a KFX400 to get me buy lol. So far so good:)