PDA

View Full Version : Fuel injected LTR450 or trx450r

mustangflyboy
12-10-2006, 01:15 PM
trying to decide between a 06 450er and LTR450, new.
I rode both last night. I like the lower gearing of the zooki but maybe the smaller tires make a good difference, more linear throttle at lower throttle right off idle. Honda seemed jerky
I really like the idea of FI

The fuel injection corrects the A/f ratios automatically and constantly doesn't it?
If you take your bike to a dramatically different location (higher evevation) Does it take long for it to adjust, or be hard to start?

What does one of the programmers cost? Is it really needed?

AL Elks
12-10-2006, 04:18 PM
Elevation wise it depends on the difference in elevation. Minor elevation changes are no problem.

The system for example will not adjust properly for the run they do at Pikes Peak each year where they go from a lower elevation to a much higher elevation. It does adjust for temperature changes VERY well though.

mustangflyboy
12-10-2006, 04:37 PM
well for the most part I think it would be fine for me. I normally operate at around 3000' MSL ,except for about once a year headin' out hunting we sometimes end up around 9-11000' MSL.
So a programmer would be needed for that right? How much$$$
Does the system adjust for intake or exhaust mods, like just a slip on exhaust? Thanks for schoolin me on the subject

AL Elks
12-10-2006, 05:02 PM
The system will not adjust for Intake or Exhaust mods. It really only adjusts for elevation and temperature changes. You can either go with the Power Commander or the Yoshi controller which they have on their sites.