PDA

View Full Version : Chatsworth NJORVP

JoiseyRider
09-17-2002, 04:29 AM
I've been riding for almost four years now at Tri-Boro and have finaly had it w/ the place. I've been looking at NJORVP for some time now and was wondering if there is more to the place than what is posted at their site. What they say is 4 tracks, and 3 trails. Is that it? Someone please tell me there is more there than that. I know I've been spoiled w/ Tri-Boro's huge playground, so maybe my expectations may be a little high. I just want to know before I go and blow $45 for a day pass and get bored within 2 hours.

09-17-2002, 11:32 AM
Hey JoiseyRider can you give me directions on how to get to TRI-Boro and tell me where I could park? I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

YamaWarr0121
09-17-2002, 01:18 PM
well...ive been there for about 5 times now, and im getting bored of it but i still go back becuz i can go right after school n get home before dinner

it has a quad track, whiuch has a few jumps and a lot of straights
it can be fun on a slower quad (like mine)

trails, they have 2 up and runing right now the red and blue ones there about 10 miles for red and 5 for the blue, and the yellow ones are opening up sometime i think...
motocross track for DIRTBIKES only, is pretty nice on my 80, i can almost do most the jumps..
a beginners track for little 50's
and a novice track for little quads n kids on tehre 80;s who dont know how to ride them

thats basically it
its 45 dollasr a day under 15, if ur under 15 just sign up for a year with the year pass for 50 dollars then sign up again right before ur birthday for 50 again
not bad there
can be fun for a little while buit then it gets old...

gun32boarder
09-17-2002, 01:39 PM
u can aways try race way park but their quad track wasnt that good science the last time i was there but the dirtbike track is great

Ex'r Marlin
09-17-2002, 02:51 PM
NJORVP is not "big" at all. I am not familiar with Tri-boro though to use as a comparison. Depending on what you are looking for and what kind of riding, you may find this park enjoyable, but limited.

Note: I was a member a few years ago, and just this weekend I went and spent $200 for a year membership. Yes, I think the $45 dollars a day is steep, as well as the $200 a year... :grr

JoiseyRider
09-17-2002, 05:29 PM
o1savage to answer your question I've cut and pasted a answer to somebody else about Triboro from an old post. -

One of the places listed at the top of this thread, Triboro, is completely dead now. Cops from all three boros surounding it are pulling everyone over if you are towing any quads or bikes on the bordering streets. Now if you manage to sneak past them, Lindenwald cops w/ their two Raptors will give ya run for fun. After all of that, ya manage to ditch all these people, more cops wait for you back in the trails on bikes (so you never even hear the sneaky *******s). Triboro Quary is still a working sand and gravel quary. Back in the day this place was heaven for all of us local riders, huge hill climbs, big (60+ ft) jumps, challenging trails, 3-4square mile sugar sand pit. What more could you ask for. That was then. Couple of years ago 2 kids get killed, and I'm sure these guys have had problems w/ the EPA. Ever since its been nothing but hassels. I mentioned the EPA because these guys deal w/ refined sand (the stuff they put in playgrounds and such), 70 ft piles of the stuff. (makes my eyes just water thinking bout them hill climbs) If the EPA sees any tracks through the stuff, they have to wash the entire pile all over again. If you owned the place you'd be pissed to. To make a long story short don't come here. If your not local, and don't know what to look for out here, don't even bother.

09-18-2002, 08:35 AM
Thanks alot, I have just heard in the past that it was great rding up there. OH well:(