PDA

View Full Version : rode an LTR450

mustangflyboy
12-10-2006, 10:36 AM
Now, I love my Honda! So don't get me wrong ,but I rode a LTR450 yesterday and I gotta say it has the low end, smooth and linear throttle response and gearing I like. You can lug the motor around a lot better than the 450R and the throttle is not so touchy at low throttle.
I am all for fuel injection as well. Some guys argue that they won't be able to work on them with FI, well you shouldn't have to. No need to rejet for different seasons or altitudes or mods, so much easier, no guess work, just go ride.
I know the Honda has more power stock to stock, so that's sweet for the dunes, but I'm going to change gearing and a cam to try to get the Honda more to my liking around the lowend, but I gotta say I really liked how the Suzuki rode in that area.

450raider
12-10-2006, 11:39 AM
yeah im trying to get my R more lowend but i havent quite found the best combo yet, ( but i got an 04 and i dont know the similarities of gearing between 04 and 06) and i havent rode and ltr yet because the only dealer that has a couple around where i live will let a fellow sit on one but then they got a "buy something or leave" attitude and i guess if i could pick something off an ltr for my R would be the estart (i like my kicker but its a love/hate type deal sometimes i love it and sometimes i hate it:D ) and efi, im learning the basics of jetting but efi seems all around simpler.

just my thoughts

Jonas
12-10-2006, 02:08 PM
You can fine tune better with EFI but you still will have to make adjustments with mods just like you do with a carb.

CHEVYZ
12-10-2006, 02:17 PM
For MX and TT (particularly) the Suzuki is great, but for anything else it is a turd in my opinion. Sorry Suzuki guys, but you need some better guys repping for your bikes around here....they are not impressive to say the least. Hell, my 400EX will leave them in the dust.

QuadJunkies
12-10-2006, 02:27 PM
I like them both!!

I do feel the power on ours was better than the LT though,I dont wanna sound disrespectful or anything The Honda fit and fell was better for me as well.

Two great quads,to each there own! :)

And no way would my 440ex beat EITHER quad even with all my mods ,its fast but NO WAY would beat one in a DRAG RACE ,thats an honest opinion.There is way too many aspects to even throw an EX in the mix(track,set ups, ALOT to do with power to weight ratio ect...)

I wonder what the KFX will be like, I have alot of interest in that quad

CHEVYZ
12-10-2006, 02:32 PM
Haha, I wasn't meaning to sound like my EX was some superior quad LOL. I know it is not....but the LTR has its purpose. For sand drags they just don't compete, and most of the trails around are too rutted and narrow for them.

...and yeah, I do feel like being an arse today haha.

KrazyKeith
12-10-2006, 06:01 PM
The LTR is a great bike when modded the power is there it just doesnt feel as arm ripping as a piped/cammed 450r. Ive drag raced em and they are fast w/ basic mods. Before I got my cam I got beat repeatedly by a LTR w/ only the lid off, baffle out, and a cherry bomb. His bike was faster. I had my Rossier and hrc jets.

mustangflyboy
12-10-2006, 09:14 PM
well, after some research I see that the EFI isn't as simple as I thought, though still benificial. IT makes great adjustments for temperature and minor altitude changes but it has to be reprogrammed for any engine modification made, though they are free downloads. ATV's goin high tech aren't they?

QuadJunkies
12-10-2006, 09:26 PM
Originally posted by mustangflyboy
. ATV's goin high tech aren't they?
They sure are!!!
And so is the upkeep!:scary:

Architects
12-11-2006, 05:34 AM
I love my honda and all but if I had to do it all over again I would have went with suzuki for Mx