PDA

View Full Version : Topend Rebuild

REBSR76
12-10-2006, 02:33 AM
I have a 95 300EX. It's time for an overhaul the ticking is driving me nutts!!:eek2: I need to know who offers a good kit. I don't wanna wait around on multiple orders of gaskets, cams, valves ect... This is my trailbike so stock is what I'm looking for. If I were younger, than a big bore kit with all the goodies would be great (I learned my leason last fall). Also I need all new plastic my kids call it Frankenstein because of all the ziptie stitches from previous wrecks of other riders of course. lol...:devil:

rooster300ex
12-10-2006, 09:41 AM
If you want stock parts and don't wanna order a bunch of stuff from different places just buy everything at some kind a honda oem parts finder. I don't know of any kit that would have everything you need.

http://babbitts.motorsportdealers.com/pages/parts/viewbybrand/7/honda.aspx

250X_project
12-10-2006, 07:29 PM
Ticking?? How is the power? burn oil? It may not yet need overhauling, maybe just a valve adjustment, or timing chain, or tensioner to get rid of the tick. I wouldn't recommend a Honda shop...usually too expensive.

1st tell more about the wheeler....

REBSR76
12-11-2006, 12:44 AM
Power is good, no smoke. I've done a v alve adjust ment it works for a while but comes back. Good point on the tensioner I'll look into it.

250X_project
12-11-2006, 06:21 AM
Yeah I think that's a common problem for these engines. How long does the tick stay away?

250X_project
12-11-2006, 06:29 AM
Oh and you have a few different options for plastic.
I personally would recommend eBay- either GDH racing for good used ones (even 07), or you can find BN Maier on there that are sometimes cheap because or a simple blemish. (usually a ride or two would look worse)
Or directly to Maier for BN non-blems(stock or custom), or the Fullbore co. for a custom look(Fr. is custom R. is stock)