PDA

View Full Version : Atv Jetting Website???

400ex124
12-09-2006, 08:03 PM
i heard about a website that you could type in your bike pipe, and someother things and it would tell you what jets to put in your bike... does anybody know what it is... plz let me know. THANKS Tyler

Honda#4
12-10-2006, 12:47 PM
never heard that one before, there is a website that shows how fast your bike is with gearing and such.

CDCHONDAS
12-10-2006, 12:51 PM
the only proper way to do it is reading plugs and changing jets, and a little riding. alot of the pipe manufacturers have reccomended jets which arent so far off normally, but after awhile you get too many variables.

400ex124
12-10-2006, 01:41 PM
i duno.... the guys from honda told me about it. said that it shouldnt be perferct but will give ya and idea. also i had a buddy that was on the same site, but he doesnt remember the name. but just wonderen. thanks though guys

QuadJunkies
12-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by CDCHONDAS
the only proper way to do it is reading plugs and changing jets, and a little riding. alot of the pipe manufacturers have reccomended jets which arent so far off normally, but after awhile you get too many variables.
I agree, I know what some jet there quads for maybe not work for others with specific mods.Might give to a somewhat Idea,but we jet mainly to sound,feel in perfrormance ect... more so than even checking plugs.

CDCHONDAS
12-10-2006, 07:35 PM
I have an old motorcycle tuning book, its pretty cool because its so old but there is a quote in there that is timeless and its something like this "some people thing proper jetting is achieved just below a degree of richness, dont worry though power is where you find it"