PDA

View Full Version : Jump

Ruby Soho
12-09-2006, 04:50 PM
i wanna do fmx, but my jumps arent big enough to do bigger tricks on. im wondering, should i make a table, or a double? how high and long do you think i shoudl make it? i have a 400ex with stock suspension so dont tell me massive gaps lol im still beginning so the stockers will work for now, and ill put R shocks or works on it in the future.

any suggestions on a good size?

TrapZ400
12-09-2006, 04:54 PM
I would say make a table. 4-6 ft high. 20-40 ft for the distance.

pharit
12-09-2006, 04:55 PM
i think a table top would be better.

but you can try to do something like this

http://myspace-121.vo.llnwd.net/01442/12/19/1442779121_l.jpg

if you have the kind of equipment aviable, but you don't hahve to have a ramp you can just have a dirt jump outta it.

Ruby Soho
12-09-2006, 05:00 PM
well i was thinking something like yours pharit. i have a cleared out spot on my woods with a very slight hill, and i was thinking of digging into it and jumping out of it.

kinda of like this, the red is were the dirt would form a launch, and the black is the hill.

than maybe make a landing up ontop of the hill where its flat?

pharit
12-09-2006, 05:08 PM
Thats basically what i got goin on and its working great for us. i have no regrets about making mine.

I may eventually make my run way a little wider but that should work for ya.

Nate_450R
12-09-2006, 09:25 PM
wow, after looking at the drawing i realized that i have a small mound in my woods that would be perfect for that. just have to clear away some brush/small trees. might have to get started on that right away.

but back to the first question...man i would go with a table. just beginning, you dont want to always have that thought in the back of your mind about whether or not your gonna clear the gap. this way you can concentrate on the trick. but what do i know...im just starting to get into freestyle.

pharit
12-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by Nate_450R

but back to the first question...man i would go with a table. just beginning, you dont want to always have that thought in the back of your mind about whether or not your gonna clear the gap. this way you can concentrate on the trick. but what do i know...im just starting to get into freestyle.

well you exactly right. You wanna be as comfortable as you can while your jumping. if your scared you get nerveous and thats when quads and bones break.

i'm so comfortable hittin my ramp anymore its not a thing, hell i was singin to my self yesturday and didn't realize it until i hit the ramp a couple times

rockman
12-17-2006, 09:59 AM
Originally posted by pharit
well you exactly right. You wanna be as comfortable as you can while your jumping. if your scared you get nerveous and thats when quads and bones break.

i'm so comfortable hittin my ramp anymore its not a thing, hell i was singin to my self yesturday and didn't realize it until i hit the ramp a couple times
LMAO but tell them WHAT you were singing.

pharit
12-17-2006, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by rockman
LMAO but tell them WHAT you were singing.

BUT I THINK I'M CRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYYY BUT I THINK I'M CRAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYY

rockman
12-17-2006, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by pharit
BUT I THINK I'M CRAAAAAAAAAAZZZZZZYYYYYYYY BUT I THINK I'M CRAAAZZZZZZZZZZZZZZYYYYYYYYY lmao