PDA

View Full Version : magura clutch

garrettagr
12-09-2006, 04:07 PM
what do you guys think about the hydraulic clutch on an R. Worth it or not?

Aceman
12-09-2006, 05:33 PM
I bought my R with one on it and I LOVE it. No more adjustments, no more lubing it, and it always has a consistent and very easy lever pull, it's great! However, if you don't think you're going to have an R for years to come it's hard to justify it's expense over a quality cable and lever. Mine has a steel braided line on it so I don't think I'll ever have a problem with it wearing through and leaking. My opinion, they're worth it if you can afford it.

Rich250RRacer
12-09-2006, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Aceman
I bought my R with one on it and I LOVE it. No more adjustments, no more lubing it, and it always has a consistent and very easy lever pull, it's great! However, if you don't think you're going to have an R for years to come it's hard to justify it's expense over a quality cable and lever. Mine has a steel braided line on it so I don't think I'll ever have a problem with it wearing through and leaking. My opinion, they're worth it if you can afford it.

I've had mine for six years and love it. I did have to change the slave cylinder this year, but I really can't complain, that's the only thing I've had to do to it.

deathman53
12-10-2006, 08:14 AM
I have them on my atc250r and ktm450exc(it came stock). I love em, I ordered another for my other 250r, but the woods 250r will keep a cable, as that bike is for the woods only. I always have a clutch perch and cable with me at the track too. The atc250r and 250r are for track use only, so if I lose the cluth its not a big deal.

robyone
12-10-2006, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by Rich250RRacer
I've had mine for six years and love it. I did have to change the slave cylinder this year, but I really can't complain, that's the only thing I've had to do to it.

Where did you get the slave cylinder? I'm in need of one now.

jas250r
12-10-2006, 12:23 PM
I too have been cosidering getting one. My thought is that i have broken 2 cables over the last 4 years. Snapped at the lever. These were motion pro cables, so replacing cables can add up along with the lube.

Rich250RRacer
12-10-2006, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by robyone
Where did you get the slave cylinder? I'm in need of one now.

I got mine right from Magura. I could't rell you how much they cost though, I told them I was having a problem with it and they sent me a new one free.

Tom TRX250R
12-10-2006, 09:15 PM
I would recommend the Magura hydraulic clutch. I installed one on my R and I felt it improved the feel and consistency of the clutch pull a lot. Though I did have the rubber line melt but that was my fault for not running it correctly the first time:o