PDA

View Full Version : can't get blaster running right

madfastbanshee4
12-09-2006, 07:17 AM
i can't get my blaster running right. i have a hetrick pipe and a air filter with reeds. the problem is that i can't reach full throttle some times and i do i have to blip the throttle or else it will stay on that rpm. im running a 270 main jet. does anyone have any idea wat the problem could be?

Exrider434
12-09-2006, 10:54 AM
i dont know if this is the same thing but on my brothers blaster there is a switch on the e-brake that wont let the quad rev up while the e-brake is on. Sometimes when the switch gets wet or muddy it will go on for some reason..

blasterfreak99
12-09-2006, 02:39 PM
Take the hood off and there should be a plugin to the right unplug. It and see if it helps. You might be running it too rich.

banchee dave
12-09-2006, 04:21 PM
other than the pipe and the reeds, what else have you done or havn't done to the bike?air filter? oil block-off? tores removed? parking brake removed along with perch? hows the plug looking, a 270 main jet sounds a bit small.big bore, stock bore? has it been rebuilt on the top end at all? just want to get a little more info. if you do still have the tores on the bike, I would suggest you get the tores removal kit and do what I did to mine and go through the wiring and remove the un-needed wires. i went with a 250r carb and thats what I did, if that is your problem. I know that will solve any problem associated with the tores.

madfastbanshee4
12-10-2006, 03:42 PM
have the oil injection blocked off, new wiseco topend. i put a 290 in it. it will only run good with the airbox lid off

blasterfreak99
12-10-2006, 03:53 PM
well then you are jetted lean (i think) and either run it with the airbox lid off and put an outerwears cover on it or rejet

lilbstory
12-11-2006, 09:04 PM
Take the hood off and there should be a plugin to the right unplug. It and see if it helps. You might be running it too rich.

i have noticed this unpluged on mine i think i was just wonderin what it did

madfastbanshee4
12-12-2006, 03:20 PM
i got a ehs lid for it

blasterfreak99
12-12-2006, 07:01 PM
Originally posted by lilbstory

i have noticed this unpluged on mine i think i was just wonderin what it did

i am not sure what it is. it was unplugged on mine and i plugged it up because i thought it was the headlight and it would start but only for a second and then die. i unplugged it and it fixed it.

2muchquad
12-13-2006, 09:23 PM
a 290 main sounds way too big...