PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Schedule is Released

guy310
12-08-2006, 09:24 PM
Go to www.omanationals.com to see next years schedule.

scramblerracer
12-12-2006, 06:22 PM
This sucks, the OMA race in Missouri is on the same day as a Mo series race. The The arkansas race is the same day as a Mo series race- only a few hours drive apart. I really liked the OMA race here in Missouri last year and wanted to chase points in it this year but all of these damn schedules are overlapping.

duke416ex
12-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Some of the races overlap with Mid South also, but luckily the quads race on Saturday. If at all possible I am going to try to make a few this year, maybe even run points. There are a few races that are only a couple hours from me. Any word on where teh 2nd Kentucky race is going to be? Also, how competitive are the A and B classes?

guy310
12-14-2006, 10:07 AM
I don't know a lot about it yet, I only attended one round last year, but I think the A and B classes are as competitive as other series' classes. You will find fast racers there just as you would anywhere else, but I think it an "on any day" kind of thing. I think that "on any day" any racer can be competitive with racers they wouldn't normally expect to be competitive with.

duke416ex
12-14-2006, 10:18 AM
I was just curious. I run B in Mid South but may have to move up to A next year and was just kinda curious about it. I was looking on the website, do you have to run number plates? I don't have any, I guess I could get some but was just curious because it talked like they were required.

guy310
12-14-2006, 10:44 AM
I think you do need to run number plates. I think that is in case the scanning system doesn't work or fails mid-race or something, then they would be able to score them anyway.

smr
12-14-2006, 01:07 PM
Originally posted by duke416ex
I was just curious. I run B in Mid South but may have to move up to A next year and was just kinda curious about it. I was looking on the website, do you have to run number plates? I don't have any, I guess I could get some but was just curious because it talked like they were required.

Hey duke....he are thinking about running a few of these. I would love to run the one a canneyville but I don't know if I can do two races in one weekend.

duke416ex
12-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I am already trying to make plans to run both races that weekend. The OMA will double as Kentucky Series race also. Kinda neat, will get to hit 3 series in one weekend. When you know which other ones you are going to make let me know, I want to try to either run OMA or GNCC this year.

KILLSWITCHngage
12-19-2006, 08:30 PM
Where is ShortCreek Kentucky,(round1) what part of the state? I plan on making it, but wana plan for how far to drive. Thanks

duke416ex
12-20-2006, 07:07 AM
It is a little above Caneyville, KY

parkers30
12-21-2006, 01:38 PM
Honestly, I think the OMA series lacks the depth of talent that most series do, they have a few riders who fit right in in their class, but alot who run well above where they should. The A class is almost no existant and rarely has more than a few entries.

I feel as competitive in the OMA B class as I do in Iowa or locally, never ran a GNCC

guy310
12-22-2006, 09:29 PM
If more people who were on the fence such as yourself would come out, the A class would get bigger. If you ask any of the owners of the series, they want to stay a regional series, they are not trying to be the GNCC's. They will be the first to acknowledge that the GNCC's are a good series, just not what the OMA's want to be. You are right the talent pool is not as deep as other larger series, but everybody still competes for the overall score and you can sign up for any classs you want and try to track down the faster guys. Good luck whatever you run next year.

scramblerracer
12-25-2006, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by parkers30
Honestly, I think the OMA series lacks the depth of talent that most series do, they have a few riders who fit right in in their class, but alot who run well above where they should. The A class is almost no existant and rarely has more than a few entries.

I feel as competitive in the OMA B class as I do in Iowa or locally, never ran a GNCC

I also ran B class at the OMA here in Mo last year and was somewhat surprised that there were not more entrants. I won the B class and I raced stock class in the Mo series and Iowa and would say that the stock classes were faster. The OMA B class size and talent probably varies from race to race. The A class at the Mo race last year was a very fast class with some of the fastest A class Mo racers there. The Pro class also varies as different GNCC pro and pro am racers race different venues. The Oma was a really neat race and I wish I could race more

watts16
01-25-2007, 10:14 AM
I was looking at the OMA site and saw the MXC series, Where is P-Town??

mbiigambler
02-03-2007, 09:19 PM
Originally posted by watts16
I was looking at the OMA site and saw the MXC series, Where is P-Town??

Prophetstown, IL

Its a sandy track.