PDA

View Full Version : had arthroscopic knee surgery today

cool 300ex
12-08-2006, 08:54 PM
Today i had arthroscopic surgery done to my knee. I was having pain and swelling with my left knee alittle while after my last werck of the Motor Cross season. Well when they went in today they found my meniscus was toren. So they sitched it up and now i can't bend my leg for 2 weeks and i have to be on crutches for 4-6 weeks. Figura's we got snow yesterday to. It sucks it's my shifting leg for the quad and the truck. Well seense i am posting i might as well tell you guys i sold my yfz to. I am so bored i already watched the Fallout 2 it's sick!

ilpadrino113
12-08-2006, 10:47 PM
that same thing happened to a friend of mine in the middle of snowboard season. He can't ride for over a year so he'll miss most of this year too. the good thing, he sais, that came out of it is that he's got a long standing prescription for valium.

Guy400
12-09-2006, 04:59 AM
When I was in high school I tore my lateral meniscus in my right knee and it was so damaged the only thing they could do was cut out the torn section. Ultimately they had to cut out about 2/3's of it. It was outpatient surgery that took just a couple hours. They gave me an Ace bandage that went from my sack to my ankle, some Darvocet and told me to be careful...none of this sissy crutches crap:p Actually they told me once a day to take the bandage off, lay down on the floor and grab my foot and bend my leg to the point there was slight pain. Do that for about 5 minutes until there's no more pain and then I can stop wearing the bandage. That wound up being about 4-5 weeks but the thing is, I never recovered my full range of motion. I can grab my left leg and touch my foot on my butt. With my right leg I can only get it to within about 6 inches.

cool 300ex
12-09-2006, 11:06 AM
I have a big brace on now. I can't bend it for 2 weeks because they stictched it so if i bend it it will rip them out. Tomorrow i can take it off and shower. All i have to say is i never wanna go through this again. This is going to be the longest 2 weeks ever!

red2004 TRX450R
12-11-2006, 10:00 AM
i tore mine snowboard years ago.
just take it easy for a few weeks and it will heal. if you dont you will regret it.

the only thing wrong with mine is to small scars and it only hurts if it try to rotate my knee past its normal rotation.

TheMachine
12-11-2006, 12:15 PM
I tore my meniscus my sophomore year in football. It tore so bad I had a flap of it that was somehow laying on my acl causing my leg to be unstable. I went in for ACL surgery for a supposed complete acl tear. Turns out it was just my meniscus and some cartilage tear. In one week I had 90 percent motion back in it. Crutches for 2 weeks and thats about it. I have full range of motion in it now but after that I have never been able to get my left calf firm again. Oh well:rolleyes: