PDA

View Full Version : trail tech dc conversion?

450robot
12-08-2006, 08:20 PM
ok, so i now own a yfz, and its equipped with a trail tech dc conversion kit. im not sure on what it does, and what the difference between the stock and this system is. there are no lights to power on it, but it does have a dyna cdi, i dont know if that means anything (because i dont think the dyna cdi requires any power source modification)

any ideas guys?

Splatter Matter
12-09-2006, 03:28 PM
Trail Tech rewound stators have a ‘floated’ ground so that they can easily be connected to a regulator/rectifier for DC power. Although they can be used with a regulator for AC power only, using DC power provides three advantages for the rider:
Ability to run the lights or fan when the machine is turned off. How long this can be done will depend upon the size of the battery used. A capacitor, which is similar in function to a battery, will not run electrical components when the machine is off, as the capacitor only stores power when the engine is running.
Eliminate the dimming effect often experienced when an AC powered machine is idling or shifting between gears.
Enables the rider to run more efficient lights such as High Intensity Discharge (HID). Watt for watt, HID puts out 3x the light output of halogen or incandescent lights.

http://trailtech.net/store/dc_conversions.html