PDA

View Full Version : is tusk stainless steel brake rotors any good

400excaleb
12-08-2006, 07:55 PM
i was thinking of getting a tusk stainless stell brake rotor, one of the blade type, i was wondering if they held up good cause i havent seen any others made of stainless steel

Honda#4
12-09-2006, 10:22 AM
Get the wave rotor type.

blasterandy
12-09-2006, 04:54 PM
The wavy type look much better. Also tusk is kindof a knock off company the sell cheap suff my friend Dallas bought tusk nerfs for his blaster and they bent first time he fliped it. Needless to say he bought better ones. I think DG. Anyways i would make sure you are getting a good product.

jfwyatt
12-10-2006, 01:32 PM
my sons blaster had them installed when we bought it so far theve held up great.

blasterandy
12-10-2006, 02:56 PM
Make sure you check all the welds after some rides. His bent were they meet the frame and the things that hold on to the bottom snaped off. He got it bent back but he wanted better ones. He races and he went over a berm rolled 2 and a half times and bent the right one on the edge of the berm. It kinda looked like a basketball rolling around the hoop. Cept it was a little white atv. :D ,but for simlple trial riding they would be fine. I just think that they make better quality things then tusk. I would go with a company that specializes in one item. Notice tusk makes everything from oil filters to handle bars. Yea they may be cheaper but don't skimp out. Get the quality stuff. Notice I bought the supertrapp and look at how it held up.

GearHeadz400ex
12-10-2006, 07:15 PM
the only ones I've seen made of stainless steel... I know the stock rotors are made of a high carbon material which is what i went with when I got my new rotor... I know the high carbon steel ones are magnetic, dunno if that makes a huge difference or not. I'd just go with one of the high carbon steel ones, honda obviously found these to be the best and thats why they put them on stock.

procircuit406ex
12-10-2006, 07:24 PM
Galfer is a good brand...

blasterandy
12-11-2006, 03:13 PM
When I got my 400ex the brake pads were so worn the metal things behind them were worn through. I wish I had kept them to take a picture. My disk was messed up. Then i put new pads on and they pretty much fixed themselves. The are the stock rotors.

ida400ex
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
i bought one about a week ago and it seems solid. i havent tryed it out yet becouse i am waiting on pads. i think it will hold up fine.
plus it is alot cheper than outhers.

blasterandy
12-11-2006, 05:24 PM
Where is the cheapest place to get one.

400excaleb
12-11-2006, 05:52 PM
well im going to half to get a new one cause mine is bent, i tried to bend it back but it is still not perfect and just wears my pads

ida400ex
12-11-2006, 09:03 PM
i got mine from www.rockymountainatvmc.com and it was 60, but the wave roter is 65