PDA

View Full Version : 2007 450R Kicker

sdxp787
12-08-2006, 06:09 PM
Has anyone tried to buy a 2007 Kicker? I just went to my dealer and there are virtually none to be had. My dealer located one in Michigan and that one was hard to get. I wonder if it is the limited production or is everyone going to the kicker? I am picking it up in a few weeks. If you are wanting one, you better get down to the dealership now.

Dave400ex
12-08-2006, 09:10 PM
I got mine 2 weeks ago from Turn 1 in Plymouth. I had a heck of a time trying to find one, they just are not making enough of them. I like it much better then my ER with the little amount of time I have on it so far...

sdxp787
12-09-2006, 02:18 PM
It really sucks the kicker only comes in red. I really wanted the limited. guess I'll just change the color once it is here.

lumi
12-09-2006, 04:56 PM
so get a e-start... whats wrong with a e-start ... unless you abuse the starter... me and 2 of my buddies got e-starts and there mint....

? just go for it... u'll love it

-lumi

desratt
12-09-2006, 07:27 PM
I would not settle for a e-start.

If you are a 100% race driven rider the kicker is BAD 4$$

N300exJ
12-10-2006, 03:12 PM
The dealers here are fixing ER's left and right. Both the starters and the batteries keep dying. One person has gone through three batteries in a few months. Kickstart seems like a better option to me. Im content with my 05.

lumi
12-10-2006, 03:45 PM
once again USER ERROR!!!!

for race course racers, yea get a kickstart for less weight if like 7 pounds is really gonna help and your that into racing... but hey than again if u want the SE and white!!! get a ER...

battery's dying and starters going are all user error no ands ifs or buts..... i have too many to have any other reason... kickstart is a thing of the past and nothing wrong with e-start neva was.

just my 0.2 cents

-lumi:devil:

Meek
12-10-2006, 04:48 PM
sdxp787

Did you get one for me, or am I gona beat you on an 05?

Dave400ex
12-10-2006, 05:00 PM
Lumi I have to disagree with you about the electric start. I take care of mine much better then most can imagine and I had nothing but problems. They just don't start when they are hot, period. They start too slow. I feel that Honda knows there were problems and instead of fixing them they simply put a sticker on the throttle cover. I'm not arguing, just giving my opinion.

Now as far as kickstart being a thing of the past, I do agree, but my '07 kicker is the first kickstart machine I have ever had, and I love it. It starts very easy. Plus I can kick it as many times as I need too without having to worry about the starter getting hot or starter clutch going out....

the Z Man
12-10-2006, 05:33 PM
You can just add the kicker and have both...

450ERRRRRR!
12-11-2006, 12:08 PM
I too have had NO problem with my E-start. I must have gotten lucky or dialed in near perfect cause it gives me no hesitation or bog. It hit's and fires in less than 3 or 4 seconds. For what I use it for and how I ride I'm staying with the E-start.

jb500ex
12-11-2006, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by lumi
once again USER ERROR!!!!

for race course racers, yea get a kickstart for less weight if like 7 pounds is really gonna help and your that into racing... but hey than again if u want the SE and white!!! get a ER...

battery's dying and starters going are all user error no ands ifs or buts..... i have too many to have any other reason... kickstart is a thing of the past and nothing wrong with e-start neva was.

just my 0.2 cents

-lumi:devil:

1 how many races have you entered on your e-start.
2 now your saying alot of well known people in the business don't know what they are talking about.

jb500ex
12-11-2006, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by 450ERRRRRR!
I too have had NO problem with my E-start. I must have gotten lucky or dialed in near perfect cause it gives me no hesitation or bog. It hit's and fires in less than 3 or 4 seconds. For what I use it for and how I ride I'm staying with the E-start.

read what you wrote again, and ask yourself if you were a racer in xc would you want to wait 3 or 4 seconds to start

450blj
12-11-2006, 02:43 PM
that 3-4 seconds is no different as to how long it takes to race down pull the kicker out, and kick it, basically the same amount of time. i got the 450ER and i love having eletric start, ive road 450s without it and ill be sticking with electric start

lumi
12-11-2006, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by jb500ex
1 how many races have you entered on your e-start.
2 now your saying alot of well known people in the business don't know what they are talking about.

i have entered a bunch.. point?

and what well known people, im stating facts...

dave400ex

the starter can turn as fast as you want depending on the decomp setting...
and the hot start can be caused for many reason not that its a e-start has no connection...

i kno u had problem in the past glad your happy now man.. congrats on the 07 :D

jb500ex
12-11-2006, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by 450blj
that 3-4 seconds is no different as to how long it takes to race down pull the kicker out, and kick it, basically the same amount of time. i got the 450ER and i love having eletric start, ive road 450s without it and ill be sticking with electric start

except in a xc race your kicker is already out for the start, so it's not the same amount of time

450blj
12-11-2006, 06:59 PM
oh yeah thats true didnt even think about that...owell i guess everyone has there own opinions, likes and dislikes about the kickstart and electric start

honda4life72
12-11-2006, 07:13 PM
yea and on top that the motor is already warm from driven to the line so or running in the pit or from practice so it will only take one kick to start it..and u can jump the back of the quad and come down on the kicker in les that 2 secs and voila it works lol