PDA

View Full Version : Major Handlebar Vibration Issue

juanlapcat
12-08-2006, 05:33 PM
I have 2 '06 ltr450's that i ride at glamis. i have ridden both of them and they both vibrate the handlebars so badly that my hands and forearms (and my wife's) get numb to the point i can't control the quad and have to stop (very frustrating). both bikes have pro-motion twist throttles installed. also i'm not happy with the angle of the handlebars either.

I have seen adds for new steering stems with anti-vib inserts and seen references to handlebars and grips that help also.

My question is this, has anyone here installed any of these items and how did they work? i have no problem spending the money to fix the problem if it does get fixed, i just don't want to spend 300-400 $$ per bike and still get numb hands.

other stuff installed:
mine -yosh header/pipe and cherry bomb; 20 in rear paddles, dual front razors, 13t front sprocket.
wife - cherry bomb, no airbox lid, no pipecleaner; same tires and sprocket as mine.

all help or comments will be appreciated.

thanks,
j

csimp3
12-08-2006, 05:35 PM
maybe flexx bars would help, but there like $280 a peice, too much for me

4TraxRider
12-08-2006, 06:47 PM
That's odd because I thought mu Zuk vibrated way less than my YFZ. I've got the Flexx bars on mine and can't say enough good things about them. There are a lot of products that are supposed to help with the vibration. Anti- vibe stems and handlebar clamps are an option, there are weights that bolt into the handlebars that are supposed to help as well. I nice set of grips would help. I can't remember the company, but they sell RVGS grips that are suppsed to help. I've also seen people fill their bars with a product such as Great Stuff and claim that it reduces vibration. A decent set of aluminum bars will also help greatly.

TTZ450
12-08-2006, 07:45 PM
I have some flexx bars for sale for 150....

AL Elks
12-08-2006, 09:00 PM
Mine is actually the same way on small bumps. On large bumps it's awesome though. Loosen the front collars all the way op to where there are only a couple of threads showing at the top and it helps. I'm definitely going to have mine re-valved and put on some Flex Bars.

rummerd
12-08-2006, 09:27 PM
Also, make sure your paddles line up with each other.

philys21
12-09-2006, 07:04 AM
I say get a Precesion stabalizer and all your problems will go away that you are describing.

AL Elks
12-09-2006, 03:39 PM
I have the precision installed but it's definitely the front shocks. They are not so forgiving on the small stuff and do send quite a bit of vibration to the handlebars. It's really noticeable on choppy ground which where I ride it really gets to you after awhile.

My LTZ doesn't have that problem with the stock suspension because it is so plush but don't even try to jump it off a good jump with the stock suspension because it's not forgiving on the hard landings.

The front shocks of the LTR just need tuning and re-valving to fix the problem.

400exrider707
12-11-2006, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by philys21
I say get a Precesion stabalizer and all your problems will go away that you are describing.

How is a steering dampener going to stop vibrations through the handlebars?

Juanlapcat, you can adjust the angle of the handlebars by loosening them up and rotating them in the clamps....also filling your bars with stuff doesn't help vibrations at all...I tried it for a really long time with my 400ex. The weights you can bolt in the end help a little bit.