PDA

View Full Version : 450r or yfz or ltr

makale 400ex
12-08-2006, 11:55 AM
im looking to sell my 400 ex and buying a eather a race ready 450r or yfz or the new ltr. my cousin has his pro card and had won lloretta lyns over all a class three rows in a row and has a couple pro race wins and he says to eather go for a race ready yfz or the new ltr. now my self i have always been a honda fan and i jus was wonderin what other ppl thought and to check my specks on my 400 if your lookin for one.
makale

pharit
12-08-2006, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by makale 400ex
im looking to sell my 400 ex and buying a eather a race ready 450r or yfz or the new ltr. my cousin has his pro card and had won lloretta lyns over all a class three rows in a row and has a couple pro race wins and he says to eather go for a race ready yfz or the new ltr. now my self i have always been a honda fan and i jus was wonderin what other ppl thought and to check my specks on my 400 if your lookin for one.
makale

i used to ride red too, 250r's 250x 400ex

but i'll tell you thhis

you ride red until you ride a yfz

protegespecter
12-08-2006, 12:19 PM
Try to ride them all if you cousin is a pro then i'm sure hes got buddys that ride each the three so see if you could get a test ride and which you feel most comfortable on. Its gonna be a biased opinion here as it should theres no other quad like the 450r.

One_Bad_400
12-08-2006, 12:54 PM
yea, ride 'em all, its just a personal thing. but here's one thing to think about, how many yamaha's do you see on the podium at the nationals? I think its on average, 0...especially in TT

Top 5 MX Top 5 TT

Byrd - HON Farr - HON
Gust - SUZ Little - HON
Little - HON Goodman - HON
Jones - SUZ Coburn - HON
Natalie- HON Rath - HON

I know that doesn't mean everything but it has some relavance

makale 400ex
12-08-2006, 01:00 PM
ya exactly thats why i wanted to go w/ honda im spankin the c class on an almost stock 400 and im trin to sell my other 400 so i can get a new bike in feb and have my old 400 as a back up and most of the bikes at the local races are all yfzs but like u said national and tt honda has dominated for the last 2 or 3 years but i have a feeling w/ wimmer w/ suzuki next year itll be a good chase.
makale

keller45
12-08-2006, 02:02 PM
Ride them all and then make your decision! No use in having all the FI and goody if you dont feel right on it. Then you just get hurt and loose races

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 02:21 PM
90% rider 10% bike all three are close power wise, on the top 5 thing look how many people have factory rides for honda compared to yamaha :rolleyes:

One_Bad_400
12-08-2006, 04:32 PM
Originally posted by oldskoolex400
90% rider 10% bike all three are close power wise, on the top 5 thing look how many people have factory rides for honda compared to yamaha :rolleyes:

that's why I said it doesn't mean everything. But actually some of those guys don't have Honda factory rides. All Sparks riders ride Honda cause he can build them better. I don't know which guys actually had a factory ride for 06 but Byrd rode Honda before he had a factory ride, Daryl rode Honda without a factory ride. Keith rides for LSR. just cause they ride honda doesn't mean they're factory riders...

plus if you're sayin they're all right about equal(which they are all close) and Honda gives more factory riders, who would you rather give your money to? They one that supports our sport, pust money into it, and is tryin to make it grow or the one that doens't care as much?

Does yamaha have a contingency program? I know honda does

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 04:57 PM
not only talking about TT look overall in dirtbikes and ATVs MX,XC,TT stuff honda puts alot more riders out there than yamaha or suzuki maybe not a full fac ride but still every bit they give helps and brings more people to race a honda, you cant say that it doesnt help put honda in the top few more of them out there ups their chances of being on top

oh i thought when you bought a new atv you had a factory ride
lol :blah:

jp

no offense but i could really care less who gives more money, i would pick which atv suits me better and is more comfortable to me, with the most power, which is exactly what i did imo

Bigun55
12-08-2006, 08:01 PM
Well i guess its really more of what your into. The honda and yamaha 450 is both great quad. Now i would say the suzuki is to but i dont really know anything about them. Around were i live every1 has 450R's im the only one with a yfz. I would say you cant really go wrong with anyone of them but myself i like the yfz the best out of the 450 class.

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 08:11 PM
Well i guess its really more of what your into. The honda and yamaha 450 is both great quad. Now i would say the suzuki is to but i dont really know anything about them. Around were i live every1 has 450R's im the only one with a yfz. I would say you cant really go wrong with anyone of them but myself i like the yfz the best out of the 450 class.

same here rode them all 1 ltr 4 450rs and 3 yfzs besides mine so i guess 4 yfzs and i chose that so basically ride em all and pick one out

honda4life72
12-08-2006, 08:17 PM
but remember the yamaha will break first cuz it has a yamaha sticker on it lol...... also honda is know for there reliability

Bigun55
12-08-2006, 08:20 PM
Well if you wanna talk about reliabilty..... My buddys 450er has been in the shop 4 times allready. Had to put a starter in it the first month he had it and the other 2 times he had to get the valves adjusted in it. they was so bad that it wouldnt start and he would have to roll start it to get it goin. and the last time his throttle cable messed up on it. and its goin next week to get the valves adjusted again.

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 08:23 PM
but remember the yamaha will break first cuz it has a yamaha sticker on it lol...... also honda is know for there reliability

nope, dont start this BS man lol i am sick of hearing about yam vs honda, it 450s break period, it just depends on how well you take care of the machine and what kind of mait. you do, theres no dispute to that, everyone will agree

im no company biased either that is one thing i get tired of hearing are the diehard honda and yamaha fans he!! even the suzuki fans all of them are excellent bikes now with awesome power, they will all have a problem at one point or another

One_Bad_400
12-08-2006, 08:32 PM
Well I'm not trying to start a honda vs yamaha war or a yfz vs trx war but in general the name Honda is known for its reliablility, whether it be quads, cars, power washers, generators, whatever...and yes Bigun, everybody knows someone who's had a honda that has had problems but that doens't mean all honda's are like that

And your friend needs to learn how to adjust his own valves, its pretty easy and could've been part of his starting problem...

lumi
12-08-2006, 08:49 PM
450r... relibale and fast especially the 06 :D

-lumi

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 08:50 PM
Honda is known for its reliablility, whether it be quads, cars, power washers, generators, whatever...and yes Bigun, everybody knows someone who's had a honda that has had problems but that doens't mean all honda's are like that

both of the 450s break, these arent 400exs that last forever without changing the oil or rebuilding sh1t happens to them, the same thing for yamaha when you say that doesnt mean all hondas are like that, i have heard and seen just as many 450rs break down compared to yfzs
"everybody knows somebody that has had a yamaha that has had problems but that doesnt mean all yamahas are like that"
the 450s are only as good as the owner who keeps it up, rides it, and does proper mait. on it

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 08:52 PM
450r... relibale and fast especially the 06

let me make an exception to what i said, the ERs shouldnt be breaking when you touch the gas

i believe yamaha also made the yfz a tad bit faster in 06/07 also hmm just an assumption :macho

lumi
12-08-2006, 09:26 PM
well giving it gas causes kickback which causes premature wear to the starter system..

i have a 06 yfz, 05 yfz, and a 06 trx.... 06 trx better power everywhere.... yfz can take turns with a experienced rider better.... trx jumps better, feels lighter, more comfortable, less issues compared to the yfz's.... but yopur right when not maitinaed right both will break, but doesnt stop the manufactures issues..... these are just facts to many peoples eyes...

-lumi

oldskoolex400
12-08-2006, 09:39 PM
yfz can take turns with a experienced rider better.... trx jumps better, feels lighter, more comfortable, less issues compared to the yfz's.... but yopur right when not maitinaed right both will break, but doesnt stop the manufactures issues..... these are just facts to many peoples eyes...

see to me the yfz did all this better, but it is just rider opinion, i believe the yfz is actually lighter.

when you say there are less issues on the trx im pretty sure i can name about the same amount of things, might be different, that i have heard breaking on a yfz and a 450r they both have weakpoints, this is the great part about the cpmanies getting more competitive, all this does for the buyers is makes a better atv, so actually we should be happy that both of them are so good because in a few years the mfg will be able to produce better and better atvs

Seano300ex
12-08-2006, 10:03 PM
07 450R :D :D :D

Bigun55
12-09-2006, 09:01 AM
Well i know you can get a lemon in anything. And i think that really and truley there all built about the same in being reliable and everything, but everone just assumes that honda is the most reliable. now my yfz is the most reliable quad ive ever had. My 400ex started smoking the 2nd day i had it and i was really easy on it. but like i said you can get a lemon in anything.

and i wouldnt trying to say that hondas are not reliable in the earlyer post i was just saying they mess up like anything else does.