PDA

View Full Version : shifting

qwad guy
12-08-2006, 11:32 AM
I am new to the racing scene and was wondering what gear you should ride in? Should you downshift into corners and upshift right out of them? How do you take the jumps?

gbcap
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
ALOT more info is needed.

racing is about practice. you need to figure out what works for you. thre isn't ONE gear that you need to ride it. you choose a gear depending on the conditions.

just get some practice in before you go to a race. its nothing mroe then a fast trail ride.

firefighterjosh
12-10-2006, 09:54 PM
Depends what Kinda corner. I ussually stay high 2nd to 3rd gear in the woods. Even around corners cuz I can lugg it and not spin the tires.

hetrick_racing9
01-05-2007, 02:02 PM
never ever gear down coming out... come hard into the corner knowing that you are gunna be able to stop brake at the last second if u can unless there is a burm.. then stay in a high gear and ride the berm if your going into a rut of inside corner pu;; the clutch in and wut i ussually go to is if it is a relle right corner ill go down the second and wen i let go of the clutch if it reving high ill gear up one quick... jus gotta get the feel for it..