PDA

View Full Version : Help with suspension

asjr39
12-08-2006, 06:15 AM
Anyone know how to make the suspension on the rear shock softer on a 06 kfx400??

indyZrider
12-08-2006, 06:54 AM
you can loosen the lock rings some and adjust your comp and rebound settings if it has those settings otherwise you gonna need to get it rebuilt.

jonboy
12-08-2006, 09:43 AM
Indy is right but be sure not to make it too soft though. If it is set too soft your rebound will not be as responsive and it could cause you to bottom out easily.

asjr39
12-08-2006, 04:22 PM
I have the shocks that you can adjust, but what is comp and rebound? It has a place to adjust the spring as well as two other place's to make adjustments. And it seems on the spring you wound need to use maybe channel locks or something, the other two a large flat head. Does that sound right or am I looking in the wrong place? Thx guys

jonboy
12-08-2006, 10:41 PM
Compression is the rate of dampening that the shock compresses. Rebound is the rate the shock is able to in lamens terms bounce back. The adjustments all should be made using the spanner wrenches supplied in the tool kit that came with the bike. The one for the spring adjust the ride hieght and affects the rebound. the other two are for the compression and you'll will probably have to play with it a little to find what you are wanting. You may ask a few of the folks here that weight the same as you where they set theirs and match their setup. I weight 180lbs and the factory setting was fine for me.