PDA

View Full Version : the mud bowl sunday at the mideast race

holeshot19
09-16-2002, 06:10 PM
wanted to know if anyone survived the mud bowl at rockford nc.i knowed it was own when we had to park near the main road and my quad was completlly cover just to get to the start line.

cdalejef
09-17-2002, 07:51 AM
Sounds like it was more fun than the dust bowl at the John Penton!

Wingnut
09-17-2002, 08:15 AM
Yea, it was more fun than the John Penton! But it was a lot easier cleaning every thing up after the GNCC. My brake pads were 3/4 there before the race, now the metal backing for the pads is half gone.:eek:

Holeshot19, how did you do? I got fifth. That really sucks because I had a five minute lead at the end of the end of the first lap. I just hope I learn from all the mistakes I am making this season, I have been very creative in my stupidity and there are not many more mistakes I can make. Maybe next season will be perfect.:rolleyes:

SGA
09-17-2002, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Wingnut

I just hope I learn from all the mistakes I am making this season, I have been very creative in my stupidity and there are not many more mistakes I can make. Maybe next season will be perfect.:rolleyes:
I hear ya! Its been about the same for me:D

holeshot19
09-17-2002, 06:31 PM
first place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! well i picked some good lines and i was the only one in vet class that ran four laps.i started getting pumped when i got to the first hill , there was pros, a class ,2 stroke, i had to swing far left, i would say that the suspenion that i got from the quad shop helped.but in mud you need lock and some skill,its bad when you have to park a mile away from the starting line.

cdalejef
09-17-2002, 07:19 PM
We had a Mid-South this year where everyone had to be pulled in and out of the parking lot by a huge 4X4 tractor. I drove my Jeep there and got stuck as soon as I turned off the road!:huh But I did win the race by 7 minutes over second place! :macho Did I mention I love mud races?:D

holeshot19
09-17-2002, 08:36 PM
i dont mind the mud, its like you can get creative, and take advantage of others misfortion.the guy that came in second.won the georga round of the gncc in junior class and he didnt seen pleased.but the thing about it he lives about 10 miles away and during the winter brake he wants me to build his engine

rowlrag
09-20-2002, 09:50 PM
Jeff only beat me by 2 minutes.

cdalejef
09-21-2002, 07:31 AM
After adjusted time!:blah