PDA

View Full Version : stock 05 450r

DG450racer
12-07-2006, 08:08 PM
i just got an 05 450r a few months ago, and before i start doing and major mods to it i was wondering what you would suggest that i do first in order to get the most hp out of it. any help is greatly appreciated

ghott
12-08-2006, 06:01 AM
This topic doesn't really belong in the "Dyno Testing" section...but here goes.

Take your airbox lid off, and rejet to a 185 main. (Stay away from Dynojet kits.)

If you're not satisfied after that, add a nice aftermarket FULL exhaust such as: Rossier, DASA, RAGE, HMF, ESR, Ron Woods, or Yoshimura.

Want even more? Go for a cam. The Hot Cams Stage 2 is a great drop-in cam that gives all around GREAT power for cheap. Or you can go with the 04/05 HRC Cam if you want purely TOP END Power. Of course, there are all sorts of other cams out there, just do some research and see which will suit your needs best.

After that....you can go with a different piston...high comp or mid comp...depends on if you want to pay the price of high octane fuel. Aftermarket valves....Ferrea or Kibblewhite. You can go big bore....480cc, 500cc, 520cc, and etc... And last but not least, a port and polish from a proven company.

She'll go as fast as you want her to. It all depends on how deep your pockets are ;).

DG450racer
12-11-2006, 07:20 PM
that is exactly what i was looking for! thanks. but will taking off the air box lid damage anything?

ghott
12-11-2006, 07:33 PM
If you take the airbox lid off, you MUST rejet. If you don't rejet, it could damage your engine.

Other than that, be cautious of riding in mud and water. Do not let any dirt, mud, or water get into the intake. Pick a quality air filter and outerwears, and you should be fine. Also remember to clean your air filter regularly!