PDA

View Full Version : For sale section

chris46250r
12-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Mod's and admin's can you make some kind of rule about any atv's listed for sale without year model and price will be deleted from the for sale section?

killed300ex
12-18-2006, 04:29 AM
I have noticed on alot of other forums you have to have price and location to sell anything. I think it would be a good idea to make it manditory here as well. I hate having people say best offer when you know they already have a price in mind. Just my thoughts though
Evan

firefighterjosh
12-20-2006, 02:40 AM
How bout something like this.

When you click "New Thread" in the For sale section it says this.

First Pick one.....

ATV for Sale

or

Parts for Sale

ATV for sale you have to fill in these boxes

Make
Model
Year
Color
Price
Mods
Misc comments

For parts section it reads

Part: Price:

ECT.......

then when you submit the post it will be all nice and neat and have all info needed

JOEX
12-20-2006, 07:15 PM
How much are you willing to spend for this kind of service?

firefighterjosh
12-20-2006, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

Free Dollars:p

and I might buy a atvriders membership after the holidays;)

killed300ex
12-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by JOEX

I dont think that it should cost anything. Just make a sticky that if you dont list a price and a location all threads will be deleted no questions asked. I know of a couple of forums that have taken this approach with good results. Maybe it would take getting a couple new moderators and just give them access to the for sale sections (parts and atv's). Just a thought. I spend quite a bit of time looking at stuff for sale and would volunteer to help enforce something along those lines if it is a staffing issue.
Thanks
Evan

JOEX
12-31-2006, 08:16 PM
Originally posted by killed300ex
I dont think that it should cost anything. Just make a sticky that if you dont list a price and a location all threads will be deleted no questions asked. I know of a couple of forums that have taken this approach with good results. Maybe it would take getting a couple new moderators and just give them access to the for sale sections (parts and atv's). Just a thought. I spend quite a bit of time looking at stuff for sale and would volunteer to help enforce something along those lines if it is a staffing issue.
Thanks
Evan
That's a good idea, and you're right, it's mostly a 'staffing' issue. Us Mods tend to this forum in our spare time and have full time jobs, families & homes to take care of etc... as much as this forum has expanded lately it's very difficult to cover everything. That's why the 'report this post' option is very important to us.

I'll make sure Admin sees this:)

Admin
01-01-2007, 12:41 AM
It is a great idea and eventually I plan on have somewhat of a solution to your concern, but there is no way that I can ask the mods or myself to monitor for proper posting of items in a specific format.

Also, I will never start charging because then I may be opening the door to become liable for someone that does get ripped off, and as a policy, I stay out of transactions as much as possible.

killed300ex
01-01-2007, 11:06 AM
I understand the staffing issue. I think it would be a great loss if you started to charge to use the for sale section, as you wouldnt get near the amout of use that it does now. I look forward to the growth of the site, its looking great and I cant wait to see what you come up with next.
Evan