PDA

View Full Version : 416 wont start

killed300ex
12-07-2006, 01:11 PM
My 416ex has been running great untill today. Went to fire it up to take a little cruise since it was in the high 40's today and all it did was crank over Then gave a really good backfire. Then All I could get was for it to crank over. Hooked it up to a battery charger checked for spark still have spark. Was able to get it to sputter and die right out when playing with choke and throttle. I am going to replace the plug after I run to the store any ideas on what could cause this. There is plenty of gas in the tank think the line could be plugged? Think is could have jumped timing when it backfired?
Evan

krt400ex
12-07-2006, 01:21 PM
the timing wouldn't have changed when it backfired. u may have a jet circuit clogged. i would take the whole carb apart and give it a super thorough cleaning, and also use compressed air and blow it through all the passages to be sure there rn't any clogged passages. if that doesn't do it, then i would do a comp check, but i doubt that is the problem.

killed300ex
12-07-2006, 03:07 PM
I think I will tear the carb apart tom and put in the new plug.; No one had a plug in stock but I am picking some up tom morning. Hope thats my problem, as I dont want to spend any more money on this engine.
Thanks
Evan

lpmaster
12-07-2006, 03:10 PM
your pilot jet is clogged, this happens to me everytime i let the bike sit without draining the bowl first, no worries, theres nothing wrong with your motor

krt400ex
12-08-2006, 10:23 AM
thats exactly the same thing i was thinking ^^^^^^^^