PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fit a rear shock 450 to a 400 ?

Def-e-nition
12-07-2006, 12:39 AM
?

I tried looking for this on the search , but because of the numbers i couldnt Find anything , and I hate repeating Posts .
Someone Wants to help me with One until i get my Own Shock Back .

Will I be able to lend this One without Modifying the thing to Fit ?

Ideally i'd like to Keep it on , but that will happen later next year .

Thanks in advance .

skull2002
12-07-2006, 01:05 AM
i believe the 450 rear shock is shorter than the 400

Def-e-nition
12-07-2006, 01:16 AM
Shucks .
Wonder if it will work though ?

pimpin330ex
12-07-2006, 04:04 PM
it does fit some people have to grind a little but some people dont but i no it does fit and it is like half an inch lower than the 400ex stock shock

400exrider707
12-07-2006, 04:06 PM
It's almost an inch shorter and valved completely wrong, but it will bolt up.:rolleyes:

Def-e-nition
12-08-2006, 04:36 AM
Thanks chaps .
that means Im still skrewed , and that I cannot work off the inch in height By turning on the pre load screw , or else you guys would have suggested that .

Grinding is also out , as I will have to return to its mommy like it was never used , and i dont think he'll be too pleased .

So next week im riding a bike with no gas in the rear shock , hops like a mad bull over the smallest bumps ....

i managed to break the seal on the std one , wish I'd Never tinkered with it in the first place , and now I'm sitting in the situation I'm In .
And don't even Mention the word aftermarket - I spent a small Fortune already ...

bwamos
12-08-2006, 05:15 AM
Isn't the 400ex rear rebuildable?

Send it off to GT Thunder, Santo DeRisi, C&D Racing, etc for a rebuild. For a little more, you can get it revalved and resprung for your weight and riding style.

Later you can get some stock 450r fronts, and get them revalved/resprung to match.. and you'll have a bike that's as good as most aftermarket systems.