PDA

View Full Version : flipped the 450...

comrad
12-07-2006, 12:27 AM
It wasn't anything major...

My sister needed to take pics for her college class, she needed action pics, so she asked me to go ride my quad and she would take pics of me. I was on a little hill, pretty steep though, and I was in gear and I shut off the engine, my front brakes were pressed. I then wanted to back off the hill and I let off the brakes and it went like a foot and then the rear tires locked because it was in gear and the front lifted up. I tried standing up but couldn't because it was to steep and I was falling back. I flew off the quad and was looking at the quad fall on me...

Here is a little pic to show what happened:

http://img299.imageshack.us/img299/2603/flipvr7.jpg

But I didn't get hurt, except my back kinda hurts now, the main reason for this post is that my clutch isn't working properly now... What I learned: Don't ride with a screwed up arm and under medication...

When I hold down the clutch now it is a lot tighter and harder to hold down, usually there was a little free play on the clutch, now it has like no free play at all. The engine and everything works fine, I can drive it around but the clutch is now alot harder to hold down and it has no free play. What is the problem?

bsjoe
12-07-2006, 03:14 AM
Don't know the answer to your question, but u got balls to post that LOL. I would be too embarassed to post that happening to me :D

Nice pic though, know what you're talking about..

my idea is it could be the cable though, if it gets old, dirt and stuff can go inside the cable and it becomes very hard to pull. Maybe try putting some lube like silicone grease on the cable and work it around and it might fix your problem :ermm:

That would explain your "no free play, but used to have" theory I think too

Jersey450R
12-07-2006, 04:42 AM
I dont know what to say here cause you were fcuked up when you crashed!

firefighterjosh
12-07-2006, 04:50 AM
love the pic LMAO

Coolidge
12-07-2006, 06:07 AM
Yeah man! Great picture. I have a CLEAR visual now of what happened! I agree w/bsjoe, I would check the clutch cable. I f'd mine up when I flipped my 450, replaced the cable & its good as new. Remember what Spicoli said, "people on 'Ludes should not drive" ;)

TMSmx47
12-07-2006, 06:11 AM
tight pull usually means the cable could be hung up somewhere... check if its bent kinda funny around the bars..

MR.BIG
12-07-2006, 08:06 AM
Thats some funny $hit! Check you clutch cable you probably kinked it.

red2004 TRX450R
12-07-2006, 09:29 AM
that sucks.
just rember clutch control!!! when u get in to trouble again.