Bad Azz Bob
12-06-2006, 10:47 PM
Looking for big pits mostly some trails would be cool

DANVAN
12-20-2006, 08:12 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=263598

DANVAN
12-20-2006, 08:15 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?s=&forumid=24&pagenumber=7&sortfield=lastpost&sortorder=desc&daysprune=365&x=12&y=11

DANVAN
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=253987

DANVAN
12-20-2006, 08:24 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=216454

DANVAN
12-20-2006, 08:28 PM
http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=250097

Hope u find some info here in these older links I sent ya, I havnt been out in about a month, starting to feel withdrawels.

I read your profile, how do I get a job like yours.

See ya on the trails sometime, shot me a pm if ya want to try to hook up, Ive already riden with about 4 guys from this site, 2 of which Ive stayed in contact with and will continue to ride with

Vertical Smile
12-22-2006, 07:30 AM
What about the other 2? :p

I ride in Pelham, Dracut & Methuen.

DANVAN
12-22-2006, 12:11 PM
I've never left NH, at least as far as I know, when I rode in Hudson at some illegal trails, we may have crossed into Mass at some point?

Manch Vegas
12-22-2006, 03:03 PM
Hey, new here. I've ridden tons at hooksett , I've run into a couple people before, don't remember there names though, maybe someone from on here. ridden hopkington,canaan,hillsborough, rockingham. Always lookin for more places to ride though, an more people to ride with. Was wonderin what the trails are in bedford? An also any info on any "play" areas other than hooksett?

DANVAN
12-22-2006, 04:01 PM
The Bedford trails I ride, are on backriver rd, off of Bedford rd, exit 12 on the evertte tpk, there up about 1-2 miles or so on the r/s of backriver road, park on the r/s, down in the ditch, theres riding on both sides on backriver rd, but the last time I went there, once u go thru the woods and hit the main power lines, there was A LOT of construction going on, trees down every where, and a fence up blocking a good section of the trails, so for the rest of the time I was there I was nervious I was gonna be stopped for trespassing, dont know what was going on in there.

I know some one else from this site that I took there last winter, he went there a week or 2 after me and was told to leave, that it was private property, but almost every single time Ive riden there, there have been others atvs, hunters, jeeps, hikers ect in there, and no signs saying to stay out, until we came upon the fence on the last visit.???

Manch Vegas
12-22-2006, 05:08 PM
have you or anyone on here ever been stopped for being in hooksett? I've been there like 3 times, an I've only run into other people once, just atvers though. I don't park on cross rd though, I park at the main entrance to the pit, cuz the powerlines are posted on cross rd. Also, do you know anything about this 500 acre sandpit near loudon that somebody was talkin about on here? Also, I've tried finding out about the troy trails as well, an.... nothing! There's also trails listed in lyndenborough but... can't seem to find much information about them either, it seems like most of the places on that stupid state website are being closed down or... no one knows anything about them, yet there listed as our state trail system!!!

DANVAN
12-22-2006, 06:10 PM
I rode the Hooksette sandpits once, wasnt stoped, did park on the road (the road that the 'park and ride' is on) but didnt feel safe about it, saw lots of other atv's there. The trails that I know of in Lynborough are on private property and are currantly closed down by the town as far as I know. They are a great trail system. Very tough. Its called 'feel good farms'

Vertical Smile
12-22-2006, 09:04 PM
I've yet to check out Clough State park (Sp?). Has anyone road there, how is it?
Is it better suited for a Utility, I have a Predator.

DANVAN
12-23-2006, 04:18 AM
Yes it is, but I do just fine on my 300EX, its a good place, just watch for cops, "W" means wrong way.

Vertical Smile
12-23-2006, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by DANVAN
Yes it is, but I do just fine on my 300EX, its a good place, just watch for cops, "W" means wrong way.

Watch for cops? I thought it was a legal riding spot?

Manch Vegas
12-23-2006, 04:33 PM
Clough is pretty good. It's actually mantained by a trail bike club. I actually don't ride atvs I have a dirt bike. My buddy rode his 450r at clough an liked it alot. But, it's not that big. Ya, I've read alot of the reports about lyndenborough. It just ticks me off so much that it's supposedly part of our state trail system, yet the town can shut him down, it's bullcrap! It's bad enough tryin to find people that are actually willing to open up there land!

DANVAN
12-24-2006, 08:57 AM
Vertcle smile, when u say Clough sp I hope your really meaning Hopkiten-Evereet, they boarder each other, and there is no riding of atv's in clough, only in H-E.

Yes H-E is legal, but cops patrol it on atv's, when we went there on opening day this year, I took a short cut back to the parking lot, to the right of me there was a sign way up the road that said, 'no atv's', we went left towards the parking lot, less the 100 feet to travel, and within seconds a cop was on me with a ticket for $125.00 for trespassing.

I took pictures, and went to court and actually won the case, but learned a lesson.

The cop informed us that all trails have to marked as an atv trail, or it is concidered off limits. also 'W' means wrong way, those signs were not there last yr, and the speed limit is 25mph.

Our 1st trip to the place was loaded w/cops on atv's and I was told they wrote over 100 tickets, Ive been back 2 more times since then, and didnt see any, but they do hide in the woods, so just follow the rules.

He also told me that the Army Corp of Engineers run the park.

Manch Vegas
12-24-2006, 11:05 AM
ya, opening day is stupid, ya gotta wait a while till it cools down. We only saw one cop there when we were there like 3 or 4 times.
Yes, the park is run by the army corp of engineers but, it's maintained by Merrimack valley trail riders (or MVTR). I've ridden in the big pit that's in the front of the park, but... never really knew that your not supposed to ride there I guess. It's so stupid too, cut... it's such a fun little place to ride, little drops, jumps an stuff, ofcourse the state and town always have to ruin anything fun it seems!
Does anyone know anything about the sand pit up in belmont or somethin? I've heard of one accross from the dog track, didn't know if anyone rode there or not though.

quadman21
12-29-2006, 03:14 PM
anyone know of any good rumors or when someone is gonna come up with a harescramble series for New England? MX seems to be in everyone's blood but I know there has to be many atv riders ready for a series to include us! I know NETRA is big but has anyone even lobbied or talkd to any promoters or land owners? I would love to come back to New England but it would just suck having no HS Series.

Manch Vegas
12-30-2006, 02:02 PM
I would have to doubt it, but, ya never know. Netra and MVTR are big clubs around here an they get stuff done as far as MX stuff goes, but, they're strictly 2 wheels. Check out this website, they will be able to give you more info than I would.

http://www.atvalliance.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewforum&f=43

lot of good guys over there, mostly mudders an stuff, but.. like I said, they would know more about the 4 wheeler thing than I would

NH Brute Force
01-03-2007, 03:59 AM
Anyone around the Keene area? I know of a few nice spots over here.

Vertical Smile
01-03-2007, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by DANVAN
Vertcle smile, when u say Clough sp I hope your really meaning Hopkiten-Evereet, they boarder each other, and there is no riding of atv's in clough, only in H-E.

Thanks I'll keep that in mind, I didn't know Clough was off limits to ATV's.
Do you have any pics of H-E or trail maps?

DANVAN
01-08-2007, 11:21 AM
There are maps for Hop-everette on the NH fish and game site, I can send pictures to your email, I dont know how to post to any web site, let me know if u still want them, and if u can find the maps.

Vertical Smile
01-08-2007, 11:55 AM
Thanks bud!
I searched around for the web site and found it here http://www.nae.usace.army.mil/recreati/hel/helrec.htm

Yes, if you have pics send them to mcgrade@comcast.net

Thanks again. :cool:

DANVAN
01-09-2007, 07:37 AM
I sent ya a better web page with a map, and some pics from the last 2 rides there at H-E.